• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vmfa-314

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyrene

Marine SNA
any west coast hornet guys know whether or not 314 was disestablished?
i read in Navy Times the other day that it was disbanded last fall but then the other day i saw an article on them at usmc.mil...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I saw the same article, and they were at Miramar when I was stationed at Pendleton in '96-97. We used to help their MALS out, because they sucked.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
gyrene said:
any west coast hornet guys know whether or not 314 was disestablished?
i read in Navy Times the other day that it was disbanded last fall but then the other day i saw an article on them at usmc.mil...
they are still around ... there was talk of disbanding VMFA-134 Smokes, the reserve squadron at Miramar, but, last fall, they ended up getting rid of the Hells Angels, VMFA 321, out of Andrews instead

Clux4

Banned
jarhead said:
they are still around ... there was talk of disbanding VMFA-134 Smokes, the reserve squadron at Miramar, but, last fall, they ended up getting rid of the Hells Angels, VMFA 321, out of Andrews instead
Maybe the Hells Angels in their next life will rise again in the spitrit of another bird - JSF :)

Status
Not open for further replies.