• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Visual illusion

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
You really did that?

Yeah... I was at work and I had nothing better to do.

Take a look at this bad boy:
Trippy.jpg

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I can buy that a shade of color will appear darker in direct light, rather than a shadow. However, it doesn't help knowing that if it were a traditional checker board, those two squares (A and B) would be different shades. I wonder if the board pattern was different, in such a way that you wouldn't expect a certain shade in that place, if it would make a difference in how you saw it??

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I don't believe in optical illusions. There only is what is, and what is not is, nothing in between. :D

phrogpilot73

My personal favorite:

Unzip to wherever you would like. Put your hand somewhere stationary (mouse, corner of laptop, desk, etc). Run optical.exe, and stare at the small white circle in the center of the screen for 30 secs. Then look at your hand...

Attachments

• Optical.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 40

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
My personal favorite:

Unzip to wherever you would like. Put your hand somewhere stationary (mouse, corner of laptop, desk, etc). Run optical.exe, and stare at the small white circle in the center of the screen for 30 secs. Then look at your hand...

While I was staring at the little white circle, I thought for sure a scary demon face was going to pop out and scream at me. Pretty cool though.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
While I was staring at the little white circle, I thought for sure a scary demon face was going to pop out and scream at me. Pretty cool though.

haha...I thought the same thing.

Cool trick - but I don't like that the mind can be so easily fooled...