• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vision Req for API without having to go to IFS?

flyingjt2

I am out of TBS in 4 weeks and i am wondering what my vision requirements are for my intro physical at P-cola. I am not going to IFS. My vision has been decreasing over time and it is hovering around 20/40 or above. I heard rumors that after your initial physical you just have to have 20/100. Anybody have gouge?
Thanks
Lt. Ulyatt

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Dude, you JUST posted this is an already existant Vision thread RIGHT UNDER where the answers to your question are! READ FIRST, then ask if it hasn't been answered (hint: it was answered IN THE THREAD where you posted this).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
there is no answer to this specific question. DUDE!

There is because I answered you myself, summarizing what was discussed after you asked it again.

Have you had a flight physical before? If so, then you'll go meet with a flight doc in pcola, get an upchit, and then you're good to go with 20/100. If you STILL NEED a physical, you better be 20/40 in pcola. ONCE YOU PASS that flight physical, your vision can go to 20/100 and you're good to go.

Does this answer your question?

EDIT: IFS has NO bearing on the requirement. ONLY your designation as an SNA (which happens once you get your upchit in pcola)

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
flyingjt2,

Since you're a Marine at TBS it means you've passed a flight physical before. So, according to what bogeyspotter said, 20/100 is your standard now and you have nothing to worry about. Hydrate and get good sleep before your physical and you might make 20/40 anyway, if they do check your eyes. I was also confused about this same thing, but now I'm glad to hear that I don't have to go through a complete physical again before API, having passed a flight physical with NAMI before I commissioned last year.

Was your original flight physical done in pcola?

flyingjt2

Yes, my original flight physical was done in P-cola. So i am guessing that as long as i am 20/100 when i get there ill be good to go.

Thanks for the help gents!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So just to clarify (sorry if you need to just repeat yourself), does this mean that the flight physical I took during NROTC counts as my 24/40 or better, and I can read as bad as 20/100 on Tues during my API physical? Or does it mean that I need to read 20/40 next week (even though I have had 2 prior flight physicals in the last 24 mo), and then after that I need to read > 20/100? Thanks in advance

There is because I answered you myself, summarizing what was discussed after you asked it again.

Have you had a flight physical before? If so, then you'll go meet with a flight doc in pcola, get an upchit, and then you're good to go with 20/100. If you STILL NEED a physical, you better be 20/40 in pcola. ONCE YOU PASS that flight physical, your vision can go to 20/100 and you're good to go.

Does this answer your question?

EDIT: IFS has NO bearing on the requirement. ONLY your designation as an SNA (which happens once you get your upchit in pcola)

UMichfly

pilot
None
You need to be 20/40 next week. Your flight physicals prior to checking into NASC won't do anything other than let you skip a few tests at NAMI assuming they're still current. The vision test isn't one of them.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You need to be 20/40 next week. Your flight physicals prior to checking into NASC won't do anything other than let you skip a few tests at NAMI assuming they're still current. The vision test isn't one of them.

Thanks!