• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vision questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I was looking at my contacts' cases that they come in when you get them from the eye doctor. These are the numbers that read from left to right on my right eye: -1.75 8.6 14.0
and my lefy eye: -1.50 8.6 14.0

Anyone know what these numbers mean? Are they still ok enough to be able to be a SNA/SNFO? THanks.

Semper FI

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
-The first number, is the refractive power, measured in diopters. A negative number indicates myopia, and positive is hyperopia.

-The second number,is the amount of astigmatism also measured in diopters.

-The third number, is a measurement of the axis of astigmatism in degrees. An axis of 180 is horizontal, 90 is vertical.

The NAMI Standards for SNA vision are: Myopia no more than -1.50 any meridian. Hyperopia no more than +3.00 any meridian. Astigmatism no greater than -1.00 cylinder

The NAMI Standards for SNFO vision are: Less than or equal to plus or minus 8.00 sphere in any meridian and less than or equal to minus 3.00 cylinder. No more than 3.50 anisometropia. No waiver.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks for the reply but I have no idea what thay stuff meant. Anyone in layman's terms? By looking at my numbers, I guess I'm going to have to the eye surgery eh? Thanks.

Semper FI

Status
Not open for further replies.