• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Virgin seeking Astronaut-Pilots

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That seems like a VERY narrow market they're trying to reach... and rightly so. If you're not Chuck Norris, you need not apply.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TPS guy leaves the Navy/AF, stays in the reserves flying TACAIR and goes to work for the airlines. He gets furloughed, becomes disillusioned flying the line or retires early before his airline goes bankrupt on him, again. There is your prime candidate. There are more of them then you may think.

KBayDog

That seems like a VERY narrow market they're trying to reach... and rightly so. If you're not Chuck Norris, you need not apply.

And this guy:
00005pt6

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Wonder what the $$$ looks like. You gotta assume it's going to be well worth it, even if you are still active.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
job ad said:
Virgin Galactic is on track to become the world’s first private spaceline. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users.
Normally, when I hear that combination of words, I think this:
imgres
Spaceballs_2_001.png

imgres

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Wonder what the $$$ looks like. You gotta assume it's going to be well worth it, even if you are still active.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Considering that 'space tourism' isn't exactly cheap I have to wonder how much money is being thrown around. I know that it's not going to be cheap for Virgin, or their customers, but I am very curious about what they are going to be paying their operators.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Gonna be a lot of Shuttle pilots out of work soon.

Wonder how many of them will offer their services to China and Russia since the administration has deemed that those 2 countries can be the front runners in space travel.