• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VIP Trip no longer a requirement for Submarine Applicants

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Team,

For anyone applying for submarines and has either already graduated or about to graduate (within a few months), NRC has removed the VIP trip to either San Diego/East Coast in order to apply. Applicants will still have the option to attend, but they can still proceed on to technical interviews without waiting for the trip. Hope this makes sense.

exNavyOffRec

Team,

For anyone applying for submarines and has either already graduated or about to graduate (within a few months), NRC has removed the VIP trip to either San Diego/East Coast in order to apply. Applicants will still have the option to attend, but they can still proceed on to technical interviews without waiting for the trip. Hope this makes sense.

They did this for a time when I was recruiting as well, it happened when NRC started to be told that the only thing applicants were waiting on to go to interview was the trip.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They did this for a time when I was recruiting as well, it happened when NRC started to be told that the only thing applicants were waiting on to go to interview was the trip.

And with NRC getting a bit desperate with IY Sub numbers, they went ahead and removed this requirement. Also, they're getting a bit desperate with Nuke Instructor, even offering Master's Degrees from Old Dominion (Eng Management) and Nuclear Engineering from Kansas State.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And with NRC getting a bit desperate with IY Sub numbers, they went ahead and removed this requirement. Also, they're getting a bit desperate with Nuke Instructor, even offering Master's Degrees from Old Dominion (Eng Management) and Nuclear Engineering from Kansas State.
The ODU Engineering Management degree has long been a part of the sub recruiting and retention pitch - they honor credits from nuke school, you finish the rest via online/CD. Pretty much a "You send them a check, they'll send you a degree" program. Only problem is that the degree does a better job of putting a check in the box for graduate education if you stick around for O-5+ boards than something that will give you a good ROI.

What is different, is the Navy now offering to pay the bill or send instructors directly to attend BDU brick and mortar?

exNavyOffRec

we had guys beating down the door to be an instructor, even had guys waiting.

D

Deleted member 31917

This is what my recruiter allowed me to do since I had already spent a night on a sub during my freshman year in NROTC, and told me I'd spent more time there than I ever would during the VIP trip. Also didn't want to delay the interview process until late June of this year, especially since I'm already 28 and that max age deadline is fast-approaching.