• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VID/Article on Marine OCS

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Not bad. I'd like to see the next few parts of the article.

We had a film crew at OCS last winter. They interviewed the staff mostly. I wonder whatever happened with that.

r2d2

why do the GySgts and SSgts wear combo covers whereas in navy ocs they wear the campaign hats?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
wtf is a combo cover? They wear the marpat uniform cover with a duty belt.

BigRed389

None
wtf is a combo cover? They wear the marpat uniform cover with a duty belt.

It's the Navy officer/chief cover...the one you can swap khaki/white on.

I've seen Marines wear something similar in dress uniforms, but I don't know what the hell you guys call it.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Swanee,
Never mind. I thought you meant the nasty camera crew that was running around during the summer of 2008. I just saw that you meant winter. That summer video is floating around on facebook somewhere. PM if you want it.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It's the Navy officer/chief cover...the one you can swap khaki/white on.

I've seen Marines wear something similar in dress uniforms, but I don't know what the hell you guys call it.

Ah. We call it a barracks cover.

WiscoMarine

Livin' the dream...
Same old hats

GySgt Flannigan was there when I went in summer of 06'... That guys put up with a lot of nasty candidates.

b0pric01

pilot
Yeah, that video brought back some memories and feelings I had forgotten about OCS. What a great experience it was, the good and the bad. I am getting restless for TBS, although I know it may not be where I want to be when I'm there, at least not always. I think they did a pretty good job and I'm looking forward to the next part.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You guys use M16A4s now, interesting ... I knew we beat the shit out of our rifles, can't imagine how shitty it must be to get to the end of the endurance course or whatever it was called and find yourself missing a piece of that hand guard. Or worse, losing the carrying handle.