• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vicki's path to flight school (a female perspective)

Raptor2216

Heyjoe, wow, a trip down memory lane! Really nice job combining these posts and threads.

I guess I won't answer Nittany's question.... but when I moved the forum to vBulletin, I lost some of the very fist posts on the website. I still have the intact database from the first forum. I will look around and see if I can reconstruct over the holidays.

And, the website came online in 99.

That would be absolutely awesome if you can get some of the original stuff online again. I'd like to see what sort of joboy questions I was posting back in the day.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heyjoe, wow, a trip down memory lane! Really nice job combining these posts and threads.

And, the website came online in 99.

Well, I started looking for a woman's perspective when I saw the query earlier and Vicki kept popping up at bottom of threads so I checked her posts not even looking at year they were first posted. It ended up taking awhile to select which ones to merge and split, but I was struck at the comradery amongst the earlier AW forum members interacting with Vicki and highlighted by this post:

Matt, and to all the others, thanks for keeping the Air Warriors Forum a place where people want to come and post comments in a professional and respectful manner. I have been away from any internet access over the last two months, and ran across this in the backlog of topics that you guys have been posting.

Thanks for the help in moderating the forum, and making it what it is.

John

Even if you think this was ancient, think of decade(s) when Catmando, A4s, Old RO, Renegade One and I (followed by our own Admiral G, Stalk and Nose) made our journeys to PCola and went through the rites of passage. Like A4s is wont to say, repeat after me now: "The more things change, the more they....." Little things may change, but the overall rites of passage and associated anticipation, occasional foreboding and setbacks, closeknit bonding of comrades undergoing same stressproofing and testing hasn't changed one iota. That's part and parcel of legacy and kinship of Naval Aviation that transcends the decades and generations of aviators who have aspired to wear wings of gold.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
....." Little things may change, but the overall rites of passage and associated anticipation, occasional foreboding and setbacks, closeknit bonding of comrades undergoing same stressproofing and testing hasn't changed one iota. That's part and parcel of legacy and kinship of Naval Aviation that transcends the decades and generations of aviators who have aspired to wear wings of gold.

HJ, +1...again! The more time I spend on the site the more I realize that the transition of generations has a common core and every American sleeps better at night because of it. (Hey Kurtzie, you listening? :D)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HJ, +1...again! The more time I spend on the site the more I realize that the transition of generations has a common core and every American sleeps better at night because of it. (Hey Kurtzie, you listening? :D)

Thanks...forgot to include you* as well now you have a another generation of aviators in your own family...

*fixed as well as my own typo ("has" to "hasn't")

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I remember Dr Vicki's "check six" tags on her Camaro during primary... that was a REAL big hit with the instructors at VT-6 at the time... particularly when she told everyone in the ready room that "if she got helos, she'd voluntarily attrite." Her Daddy was an SR-71 Sled driver after all. She has a nice little cameo on the Discovery??(I think) program "Anatomy of a Hornet".

Raptor2216

I remember Dr Vicki's "check six" tags on her Camaro during primary... that was a REAL big hit with the instructors at VT-6 at the time... particularly when she told everyone in the ready room that "if she got helos, she'd voluntarily attrite." Her Daddy was an SR-71 Sled driver after all. She has a nice little cameo on the Discovery??(I think) program "Anatomy of a Hornet".

Jogirl 1.0, perhaps?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just curious, anyone ever know whatever happened to her after she Physiologist?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What is her MOS?

From this thread, I am pretty certain she is a Aviation Physiologist:

Aviation Physiologist

aviation%20physiologist.jpg

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
She went back to NAMI and became an aviation physiologist and did a tour in Lemoore. Currently, she's in med school now on a Navy scholarship.