• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-106 @ the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricechex

My Chief just got an email today stating that the command got the thumbs up to do a fly over in two E/F's along with two F22's at the Superbowl.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Damn... I am going to be working security at the superbowl. Woulda been nice to see some 22s.

B

Blutonski816

I heard that the S.Hornets VFA-106 flew over were the ones that have been painted in VFA-103's markings.....
Might have been able to see it better if it wasn't so dark...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Chief said:
I thought the F 22 was grounded? Believe the budget does not provide for production.

Set me straight?
They were grounded due to a mishap. No longer grounded, nothing to do with production.

Brett

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Brett327 said:
They were grounded due to a mishap. No longer grounded, nothing to do with production.Brett

Correct, my mistake. It was cleared back in the air on 1/5/2005 after the crash on 12/20/2004.

As I read the White House 2006 budget, all funds for production of F22 have been eliminated. Congress could put funds back. Could.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I saw the F-22/F-18 fly by in person, and it was OK. It was dark out, and they weren't going as low and as fast as i would have liked, but it was impressive as usual nonetheless.

My favorite flyby is the heritage flight. P-51, F-86 sabre, F-15, F-18 all hanging together in formation. Gives me goosebumps.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Godspeed said:
I saw the F-22/F-18 fly by in person, and it was OK. It was dark out, and they weren't going as low and as fast as i would have liked, but it was impressive as usual nonetheless.

My favorite flyby is the heritage flight. P-51, F-86 sabre, F-15, F-18 all hanging together in formation. Gives me goosebumps.
You don't really wanna go fast because then nobody will see you and they freak out if you're too low. I know it was dark, but that's generally the way it's done. I've done a couple fly-bys at Safeco in Seattle and we did it flaps down to keep it slow.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.