• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-106 or VFA-122?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nah, I have to drive home - so I'm only having the one... Couldn't resist...

Plus you don't want to lose the lightning quick reflexes needed for varsity conference calls....(ie cycling the mute button). There I was...sitting back in my chair and, suddenly, I needed to respond, but I was on mute heckling the engineer droning on the other end.

phrogpilot73

I hear that MEPS in the PacNW has short lines.

I suggest you get in one of them, most rikki-tik.
I don't have to deal with a MEPS. I went to the NAF Washington, DC (Andrews AFB) clinic and got a long form through them. It had to go to NAMI first, somewhere after getting the physical - they lost it. I talked to my recruiter today and they're pretty sure that since I sent them such a high quality photocopy that it should be good enough (since they used to be allowed to email the packages) so they forwarded it to HQMC. Now only time will tell. I hope I'm raising my right hand by January...

Sorry for the threadjack, I'll update the stickie thread in the USMCR forum tonight when I get home (or tomorrow)...

Plus you don't want to lose the lightning quick reflexes needed for varsity conference calls....(ie cycling the mute button). There I was...sitting back in my chair and, suddenly, I needed to respond, but I was on mute heckling the engineer droning on the other end.
Positive rep for that... When can I give you rep again for a single post today?!? I was actually rushing to push the mute button today because my female cube mate ripped a huge burp (she's had more than one)...

HuggyU2

None
If you go to -106, here's a nice shot for you.

Attachments

• potw02_1249_med.jpg
    potw02_1249_med.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 100

dbatt005

P-3 FO
None
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info but I found out on Friday that I will be going P-3s and am off to VP-30 in Jax next month.

Njc242

Hello guys, new here, long time reader, first time poster, but I just wanted to make sure I got this right. I know that you do not have much say for which direction you want to go, so it is based on needs, and availability?
and if I did not word that right (sorry I am in a time crunch)
If I wanted to go the strike/fighter route, what would be my chances of actually getting that?

If this has been discussed and I need to search again, just let me know.

Thanks.
-Nick

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Hello guys, new here, long time reader, first time poster, but I just wanted to make sure I got this right. I know that you do not have much say for which direction you want to go, so it is based on needs, and availability?
If I wanted to go the strike/fighter route, what would be my chances of actually getting that?

Thanks.
-Nick

It all depends on the needs at the time of the P3 and E2 drafts and how many prowler/hornet slots are available at selection in -86.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Thanks.
-Nick

Nobody can predict what your chances are hence the continual jokes on the forum related to "What percentage get what" or "What are my chances?" If you knock yourself out and do well, you then increase your chances of getting what you want when you come to that decision point, but nobody can predict what those odds will be because they change continually like the stock market.

Njc242

thanks guys, and yes I have seen those posts about what are my chances and such, just wondering if the majority of the guys get sent out for strike instead fighter/strike.

Thanks!