• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VFA-106 or VFA-122?

dbatt005

P-3 FO
None
When selected for the strike/fighter syllabus at VT-86, is there a choice to go to VFA-106 at Oceana or VFA-122 at Lemoore?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
1. Needs of the Navy dictate where you go....
2. If there is a preference, have the grades to back up you having the choice over someone else.
3. Be lucky....really lucky.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
When selected for the strike/fighter syllabus at VT-86, is there a choice to go to VFA-106 at Oceana or VFA-122 at Lemoore?

When you fill out your preference sheets, you list either strike (prowler) or strike/fighter (East coast or West coast). Whatever is available is where they send guys.

dbatt005

P-3 FO
None
Thanks for the info. I understand the "needs of the Navy" and class standing requirements. I just was not sure if you were able to request one over the other out of VT-86.

a_m

None
Thanks for the info. I understand the "needs of the Navy" and class standing requirements. I just was not sure if you were able to request one over the other out of VT-86.

Request - yes
Ensure - no

phrogpilot73

Now I have them....

and a blind pilot, huh?
It's an NFO conspiracy... They only just now showed up... ;)

Maybe it's the beer. It's my company's Christmas party today - and the bar opened at noon. I'm drinking a Bass while on a conference call with Sikorsky, and I'm posting on AW - talk about multi-tasking!

a_m

None
It's an NFO conspiracy... They only just now showed up... ;)

Maybe it's the beer. It's my company's Christmas party today - and the bar opened at noon. I'm drinking a Bass while on a conference call with Sikorsky, and I'm posting on AW - talk about multi-tasking!

Sad multitasking, maybe.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look at it this way - I support NAVAIR on the development of a new aircraft... And you wonder why it's all screwed up. I'm the sober one in my office right now...

Not for long by your own admission.....

KBayDog

It's a great day to be alive, in the Corps, and flying a Boeing. :eek: