• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VERBATIM on big 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyFast

Have the OCS handbook, is it true i will need to learn the big four verbatim? If yes how will i be asked the info in p-cola, oral or written and by whom at any time? Your knowledge............

apendle

Definitely true, At OCS you'll have A manual in your room with the Big 4 and some other stuff. You'll be required to recite them verbatim, orally.
Mostly, during inspections and other various times when you come in contact with the DI, class Officer, and class CPO. It's kind of their way of checking to see if you know your stuff, and are serious about being an officer. Check out some of the OCS journals located on this website to get a better idea of how you'll be exposed to the Big 4.

dhafeman

Ok i'm an idiot i know but the Big 4 you guys are talking about is the officer and enlisted rank structure of the Navy and USMC right?

submariner8

The Big 4 is the Navy and Marine rank structure, the Code of Conduct, the General Orders of a Sentry, and the Chain of Command.

submariner8

The big 4 as well as other things that need to be memorized can be found at the OCS webpage:

http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/

At the bottom of the main page you will find a link for OCS Memorization. Click on this link to get to the info you need.

Borncreole

for the chain of command part do they wan to know the title and the name or just the name?..ex-the first person in my chain of command is my section leader, Officer Candidate John Doe- or just the first person is Officer Candidate John Doe, the second is Chief Umpty Squat

bart27

I have not been to OCS, I am currently waiting to class up, but I believe the correct response would be: "Sir/Ma'am, the first person in this candidates chain of command is section leader, Officer Candidate John Doe, United States Navy." I am basing this on the OCS website, previous posts and the OCS DEP Handbook. If this is incorrect, do we have any OCS graduates out there willing to correct me?

Status
Not open for further replies.