• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vehicles at Quantico

kyleship

I have heard conflicting views on the subject which needs clarity. Can you take a vehicle to OCC or does someone have to drive your vehicle up to you? Same question for TBS. I am just wondering because I dont want to be without a vehicle. Thank you

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Last summer only the dudes who were commissioning and going to TBS right after were able to have cars.

If you are allowed the
opportunity to bring one, do it. It beats waiting by Bobo for a $30 cab ride to Potomac Mills... ahhhhh memories.

kyleship

I live in Arizona. Its going to be a long drive but I dont want to have to pay for a cab or be without a vehicle for 8 plus months with OCC and TBS combined. I am sure that the last thing I wanna do is stay on base when I have off! haha! Thank you for the feedback everyone!

Trev82

pilot
you were absolutely allowed to have cars at OCC and at TBS. In fact my my buddy had a ride throughout occ which allowed us to ACTUALLY leave base one we were let off the leash and venture around virginia and d.c. You most definitely want to have a car by TBS for running errands and just getting around, not necessary for ocs but allowed

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Seniors in 2008...candidates could have POVs but they had to be inspected by the Duty Instructor first. Cant imagine that was very fun, but I know of at least 2 candidates who had their cars.

Reconjoe

Yea I was gonna say both Juniors and Seniors were allowed cars when I went through...but that was 2005 and 2007, but I've yet to ever hear of a change in that.....best thing you can do is call down to Candidate Admin tomorrow or soon and ask, they'll give you the most up to date info regarding that

Check your PM for OCS contact number.....