• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vehicle Registration and OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Avila

I plan on driving down to OCS from California. My CA vehicle registration will expire about 5 days after I'm sheduled to report to OCS. Should I re-register my car in CA before I leave- even though I won't even be there? Yes, I realize that looks like a stupid question, but I want to avoid a lapse in registration. Will the OCS staff let me park on base with a vehicle registration that expires basically right after I get there? Should I try and get to Pensacola a day or so earlier and register my car in FL? Thanks for the advice

Darren

vballindaytona

hell yeah florida is much cheaper for cars. only 75 bucks to register my 99 spyder. insurance is much cheaper too. when i moved from fl to tx last month my insurance went from 140 a month full coverage to 215 a month! i almost bought a condo in fl to keep my residence there so i could save money. probably could have bought the condo and still been cheaper than paying insurance in san antonio ;)
Jonathan

Gator

If you've established residence in Florida and then get orders to somewere else, you can still maintain FLorida as your state of legal residence. All you need to do is find someone who will let you use their address to claim as your own.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Vball,

Get USAA for your insurance. Talk about cheap and great service. They also have a kick ass bank, credit card, investments etc.

Dave

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is definately a good plan to get the Florida license plate when you get to Florida. However, I have to reiterate that it is very important that you get a Florida
Gators plate. If you don't, the DI's will surely make fun of you. Cause everyone in Florida knows that you just simply are not cool unless you have a GATORS plate. I'll let you be the judge, but I wouldn't want to be the one to test the Marines only a few days after I arrive. Your choice, you decide.

Take care,
--Steve Wilkins

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only if you say that you don't like the Florida Gators.

--Steve Wilkins

Jeff29

Science Project
Darren,

I assume your reason for changing residency is for tax purposes. If you are a California resident, you are not required to pay state income tax while you are active duty and stationed out of state.

Paul Burke

sweet...I'd hate to have to put something like an exhaust system on my car. I wonder if Florida can handle another UT fan

GO VOLS!!!

vballindaytona

would us floridians want another person around to laugh at when uf or fsu beats the vols? HELL YEAH .........lets just not mention the vols/gators game this last season though ;)

cryptic

Can you register your car b4 you start ocs. like can you register it on saturday but go into ocs till sunday?

GO GATORS

Edited by - cryptic on 03/22/2002 10:57:18

Status
Not open for further replies.