• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vance afb ip

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Oakdale drive is a tiny pocket of nice homes and often IPs will sell them to each other "for sale by owner" and cut out the realtor fees.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Oakdale drive is a tiny pocket of nice homes and often IPs will sell them to each other "for sale by owner" and cut out the realtor fees.

Awesome, I'll check it out.

I'm going to spend the next couple months debating whether it's worth it to buy (ie: am I going to be able to sell in 3 years and/or is there a rental market) or just rent a dump and pocket the excess BAH and pump all my money into real estate I'm buying in Socal.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
you don't want to rent a dump. you know the shitty houses full of meth heads on breaking bad? it's like that. rent or buy something decent in a nice corner of town, and save money for gas to get to OKC or go on a ton of CCs to dallas to get the hell out of there.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
you don't want to rent a dump. you know the shitty houses full of meth heads on breaking bad? it's like that. rent or buy something decent in a nice corner of town, and save money for gas to get to OKC or go on a ton of CCs to dallas to get the hell out of there.
+1. Coming home to a nice place on a nice block with neighbors who don't park their rustbuckets on their front lawn helps make a Vance IP tour more enjoyable. Separate issue: Otto, grin and bear it when the jerks at PIT start messing with you. The best way to get back at them is to kick ass on every graded item on every flight and draw up a PRIII-quality white board for every brief. They will still find shit to downgrade you for and it will still be complete bullshit, but you will have still beaten them at their own game. Every other approach imaginable has been tried by a long and distinguished line of Navy and Marine (they call us Maritime) bubbas and has been proven less successful.

SlickAg

pilot
Dumb question - how many navy IPs are teaching in the T-6 at Vance?

I'm curious to know as well. The students down here are telling me that USN/USMC students are no longer going to Vance and flight skewl isn't as 'joint' as it used to be.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I know a buddy of mine who went through Primary with me just reported to VAFB as a Navy IP, he thinks he may be the last...

KBayDog

I know a buddy of mine who went through Primary with me just reported to VAFB as a Navy IP, he thinks he may be the last...

2rtj.jpg