• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Utilizing the chat room...anyone????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

I am going to retake the exam and would like to know if there is anyone that would consider spending about half an hour going over some of the questions on the Marine Study Guide? I just want to understand the logic behind some of the answers. So if you think that you are knowledgeable on the material and willing to give a little time, let me know. Thanks,

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Jim

i could help you out with the math and mechanical sections of the test if you have any questions. as far as the verbal part i'm an engineering major so my efforts would be useless. i'm sure there's a lot of other people on here that would be much greater help in the aviation/nautical section though.

-jim

rhollin1

I can handle the aviation/nautical section. Actually the math and mechanical sections are the parts that I would like help in.

tali264

hey rhollin,
you could just put the questions up here and then people could answer them and try to explain. If you don't understand their explanation then maybe e-mail or the chat room. I'm sure there are lots of other engineers around here who would be willing to help you.

ghost_ttu

Or navy SNA soon to be two time rejects that have been through that marine study guide and can help you out.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

rhollin1

I am retaking it soon. I would like to set up a 30-minute session (if possible) and knock out as many as we can in that time.

ghost_ttu

rhollin, I think that you will be better benefitted by working through the review, the ones you don't know how to do, post those on here and let us write the solution for you. That will help a lot. if by looking at the solution you STILL don't know how to do it, then have a session. 30 minutes of type isn't going to get you far. I admire your desire to seek help, but I think this method will work faster for you and be more beneficial.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Valion310

If you want to post some of the aviation/nautical or military related questions, I can for sure help you out on that. Hey, someone should post some of the math/verbal questions, I'd be curious if I could answer them ... hee hee

Valion310 - "Needing some CENSORED - CENSORED coffee!"

Spin

SNA in Meridian
As far as the spatial apperception goes ... I can help. Only got one wrong on the test both times :) It's really not that hard once you get used to seeing it but if you need help let me know djspindoc@hotmail.com

Peace,

Spin

cman

Spin, I didn't do that bad on the spatial, but I could stand a few more right answers if I decide to retest. I've heard that pictureing an X over the pic is helpful for determining pitch on some of the more tricky ones. I used this trick on a few questions and it seemed to work well. Do you have any other advice?

C

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Cman,

This might sound stupid but for most of them I basically try to think of the question in two parts:

1. The plane is doing what
2. The land is where

I obviously can't draw it here but after looking at a picture I'd say .. i.e. ..."The plane is banking left" , "The land is behind the plane" (or "The plane is flying AWAY from the land")

Then I will scan the answers and look for planes banking left. Let's say I see two and the others are doing something else. That eliminates 3 of the answers right away. Now out of the two left I just have to see which one is moving away from the land.

Obviously it can get more complicated than that but if you kinda apply those basics and play with it it should help.

Let me know if this is any help to ya and do me a favor ... keep me in your prayers so that I may be blessed by the Board Gods (hehe). My package should be going in sometime next week. Just waiting on one more letter.

Peace,

-Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.