• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USPSA/IPSC - first match - pics

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Shot my first USPSA/IPSC match yesterday at the Miami Rifle and Pistol Club here in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Long story short, pratical shooting is a blast - it's a test of skill, safety, and speed like no other. I was happy to "walk" and just focus on the accuracy and safety.

Shot in the "Single Stack 1911" division with my Kimber Custom II and Wilson 8 round mags. The longest stage required two magazine changes - definitely the hardest part.

Pics at the link here

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why not IDPA? Who wants to compete against a bunch of race guns... that's not realistic. Cool as sh!t to watch though.

Cool pics, looks fun, I've always wanted to try.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I was surprised how few people actually shot a highly customized "race gun" by far the majoriy of the 25 competiors shot in "Production" or "Limited 10" divisions with production service grade handguns. A lot of .40 S&W and a little 9 mm - the rest .45 ACP

Not many of these -
Open_Gun.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well that's good to know. I never understood how they can have "practical" in the title with people shooting those race-guns. Hardly practical.

Picture shooting inside the "house" is neat.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You mean that wasn't a picture of your carry gun?... Damn, I must just be wierd...