• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USNA and PRK

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The article gets a lot wrong about the hows and whys of it, but yes, eye-zapping is available to those who want it. Mostly it's made it more difficult on getting NFOs, as traditionally that's been "everything for pilot but eyes" route.

Subs/Nuke SWO training tracks are academically difficult and competitive. I can't think of anyone offhand who was routed into Subs because of their eyes...it seems unlikely that's the reason they've had trouble filling the billets.

The article gets a lot wrong about the hows and whys of it, but yes, eye-zapping is available to those who want it. Mostly it's made it more difficult on getting NFOs, as traditionally that's been "everything for pilot but eyes" route.

Subs/Nuke SWO training tracks are academically difficult and competitive. I can't think of anyone offhand who was routed into Subs because of their eyes...it seems unlikely that's the reason they've had trouble filling the billets.
Thanks...not surprised about the misinformation. The media does get it wrong a lot.

I would imagine that if there are more candidates qualified with their eyesight after surgery, that may mean that academic standing will have more to say as to who gets those coveted aviator slots?

As for nuke SWO, what advantages do they have over SWOs who don't go the nuke route?

Thanks.

Renegade One

None
The Navy and Marine Medical Services budget is finite. Depends on how much needs to be set aside in the out years for gender reassignment.

Huh? Where did this come from?
Well, isn't the military now allowing transgenders to actively serve? Perhaps gender re-assignment is the next logical step? That depends on whose logic, of course.

While on this topic, what happens if no woman completes SEAL or any other special forces training? Are the standards now going to be lowered for those communities?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, isn't the military now allowing transgenders to actively serve? Perhaps gender re-assignment is the next logical step? That depends on whose logic, of course.

Surgery will apparently be covered for those that qualify, given how few there are overall it will likely be a relatively rare occurrence.

While on this topic, what happens if no woman completes SEAL or any other special forces training? Are the standards now going to be lowered for those communities?

It has been stated that the standards will not be lowered, I expect the SEALs to stick to that.

Surgery will apparently be covered for those that qualify, given how few there are overall it will likely be a relatively rare occurrence.

It has been stated that the standards will not be lowered, I expect the SEALs to stick to that.
I certainly hope you are correct sir.