• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN to challenge S. China Sea Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pags

N/A
pilot
So your not wanting to read a tweet makes it wrong...

I wasn’t talking about @Hair Warrior being censored but my removed post. But you did basically threaten to censor him too.

Heil Mods!
  1. I'm not a mod. I can't delete any posts beyond my own.
  2. How did I threaten to censor him? I reminded him of a best practice that a link should be accompanied by some of your own thoughts on the matter. No where did I say it was wrong to post it...just that if he wants to post it it should have some thoughts on why I should click on a link. Also helps to let us know they're not phishing links from bots and what not.
  3. I have no idea what post of yours you're talking about. Again, not a mod.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm not sure how Pags can censor anyone since he can't delete posts.

Regardless, HeyJoe waged a pretty large campaign back in the day (I'd argue for good reason) about not just link bombing a thread, and it's been a thing for some time. In fact, it's even mentioned in the AW SOP that John put up here.

Second, do not post a link, and ask “What does everyone think?”. That does not contribute anything to a decent thread discussion. Take the time to pose a question, or what originally got YOU interested in the article.

Pags asked a fair question.

I get it, you're not a fan of a couple of the mods here. I've said it before, and I think it was when you were still a mod, I understand why some don't appreciate Brett's delivery. In the last year or two, sometimes both sides get overly-aggressive with posts just to stand their ground. But in this case, a non-mod asked a fair question, a mod asked the same question in keeping with the SOP.

Can we move on and actually discuss the tweet?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Regardless, HeyJoe waged a pretty large campaign back in the day (I'd argue for good reason) about not just link bombing a thread, and it's been a thing for some time. In fact, it's even mentioned in the AW SOP that John put up here.
If someone don’t like a post or link, they don’t have to read it or click it. Or they can put the user on ignore. But to arbitrarily decide now is the day to revisit something that hasn’t been mentioned or enforce in years is petty bullshit (not talking about you Gator, I know you’re just trying to keep the peace). Pags may not be a mod but Brett was sure chomping at the bit to jump in. And I have little doubt one of the reasons was because he always makes snide remarks about Hairwarrior’s posts. Brett gets away with stuff here because he is a mod(as do a couple of others) that would result in the rest of us having our posts removed.

I understand why some don't appreciate Brett's delivery.

Brett is one of the 3 that caused the big split and the forming of IWAGR. The other 2 have since gone away. Unfortunately we still have Brett.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Think of it like the Parler version of AW. Now that I think of it, so many parallels. ?

Since you would never be invited to join, you have no idea what IWAGR is like.

Is it still around? Nothing came up on Google. Must have been shut down for thought crimes like Parler.

It’s still around. We allow both sides of the political spectrum to spew whatever they want without censorship or malice. We don’t have pompous asshats think they know everything about the place even when they’ve never been there.

Notanaviator

Contributor
So your not wanting to read a tweet makes it wrong...

I wasn’t talking about @Hair Warrior being censored but my removed post. But you did basically threaten to censor him too.

Heil Mods!

I am anti-censorship, but firmly in favor of “you must be real fun at parties” and “lighten up Frances” when earned. I’m hearing all about this ‘no butthurt zone private forum’ I’d never get into so maybe the fine folks over there come here to get it out of their system?

Status
Not open for further replies.