• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Silent Drill Team

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Our Navy Ceremonial Guard Silent Drill Team was invited to compete
in an International Tattoo in Norway...They competed against
military units from all over NATO - and won first place. An
incredible group of sailors.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I am always impressed by a good drill performance, and boy does our military do it right. Between the USMC Silent Drill team and the Navy's Silent Drill team, I bet there's no other team in the world that could beat us.

Thanks for posting!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I had a great opportunity to go to Bolling AFB and get trained by these guys for three days on the squadrons dime back in 2006 (the Skipper loved ceremonies, and wanted his C.O.C. to be impressive) . What a bunch of professionals. These guys (for the most part) are straight out of boot camp. They go through more ass-pain and "indoctrination" than I would ever care to endure. They represent our military not just at cool functions such as these competitions, but everyday at Arlington when we are honoring our dead. They put many countless hours into perfecting small things such as a salute or marching in a straigh line...and it is mostly a thankless job.

My hat is off to them and their brethren across the services...
Pickle

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
My plebe year I was a part of the USNA Silent Drill Team and it's an awesome experience. It takes and incredible amount of work to get to that point. Great job.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Went to Anacostia to pick up some uniforms, (think it was the ceremonial guard troops there) saw folks in khaki shirts, petty officer on the collar and dark trousers with garrison covers on... looked really odd... anybody else seen it?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I knew that the SWO-tred comments would invariably come.....exxxxcellent!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
When I was in boot camp I was a member of the drill division. They would send guys down periodically to recruit, and they were very specific. Had to be at least 5'10", I think, before they would even consider you. Then it was a very thorough drill review along with interviews.

I actually went through the process, made it through the interview for final selection. The only thing that sucked was if you were a nuke you couldn't be recruited, which we didn't find out till the end :icon_rage

I will say that their boondockers were as shiny or shinier than any corframs I've ever seen!