• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC to Navy

roose019

I'm currently a Marine officer in IRR status, and thinking about becoming an aviator. Looked into going back active and going to flight school as a Marine, but after talking to the aviation monitor chances are slim to none.

Anybody know what the route would be if I went Navy? Is there any way other than starting from scratch and going to Navy OCS? Interservice transfer or direct commission possible? Not that Navy OCS would be the end of the world, but I would like to avoid going back to being an O-1 if possible.

81montedriver

pilot
Just to help paint the picture some more, how much time did you serve on AD? Was it all as an officer? What was your MOS? How long have you been out for?

roose019

My apologies for the lack of info. 4 years active, all officer, MOS was ATC. I've been out for about 2 years.

exNavyOffRec

you would need to contact the Officer Community Manager (OCM) to see if they have space in the YG you are in, AOCM who is on here can help you and there are others in the IST process that can give guidance as well, if you do a search for "IST" or "inter-service transfer" should give you results.