• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Silent Drill Team

LoneSailor

Silent Drill Team

I am looking for videos online. I've tried Google, but to no avail. The only vid I saw was on the marines.com Here website, it was a short but sweet video. All the other results were for video tapes. Does anyone know any more sites/links with videos of the Silent Drill team? Thanks.

GTodd

ANy of you guys out there have a link of where I can dl a video of the Marines Silent Drill Team?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
You're kidding right? I don't see why you need audio to watch the Marine Corps' Silent Drill Team.

anim_lol.gif

Ghost, you usually post stupid sh!t, but that was money. Hahaha, I was thinking the same exact thing.

oztin79

That was impressive! I wonder if Kim Jong Il has a silent drill team. If anyone finds that link, please post it.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
ghost119 said:
1. How can you go on for so long and never hear about the MC Silent Drill Team? They are incredible and the best at what they do.
2. You go try to be that in sync with that many people, with a 10 pound rifle, spinning and throwing those rifles, then lets see how impressed you are at what they have been able to accomplish.

Doing what they do is alot harder than it looks and take hundeds of hours of intense practice to be that coordinated with each other. If you didn't notice, they don't look up when they throw the rifles above their heads, so you also have to be extremely confident in your fellow Marine's abilities and your own, and you must be very accurate.
Woe is me! Ignorant and young!

At first I thought it was just a bunch of guys doing a regular drill silently. When I realized what they were actually doing, my jaw dropped.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
That was impressive! I wonder if Kim Jong Il has a silent drill team. If anyone finds that link, please post it.
Kim Jong Ill's "silent drill team" operates a large mining device designed to bore a tunnel from Pyongyang to Tokyo. They are "silent" in order to show devotion to their leader, and also must not be detected by Japanese or American sonar while drilling under the sea.

Here are some images:
The imported Canadian drill
drill.jpg

A faithful and silent team member
29771483.image0002.jpg

Dear Leader
scenevillian.jpg

LoneSailor

USNA has a Silent Drill Platoon. While not as perfect as the Corp's, they are trained on occasion by the company at 8th and I. Google "USNA Jolly Rogers." They have a section with videos.

They do pretty much the same drill as the Silent Drill Platoon, except their formation is smaller. I was very impressed when I saw them for the first time doing the "Inspection."

edit: Ah hell, here's the link. You can navigate to the video section from here. They have some cool vids on the 2004 section. Enjoy.