• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Security Clearance

jpmatta16

I just graduated from USMC OCS and have an air contract, I graduate december 2010. What happens if my security clearance gets denied? I been told that I probably wont get the results back probably after I commission... what happens then? can I appeal? please if anybody can help it would be great.

Raptor2216

Most people don't get their clearance until they are about half way through TBS. Some even have it delayed all the way up to graduation. Why are you so worried about it?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Don't worry too much about it, but keep tabs on it. If you don't you could end up like me, where I submitted it all in college during BDCP, there was no determination, no one told me, and then I ended up having to resubmit it in the RAG since no one told me I never got a clearance.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Don't worry too much about it, but keep tabs on it. If you don't you could end up like me, where I submitted it all in college during BDCP, there was no determination, no one told me, and then I ended up having to resubmit it in the RAG since no one told me I never got a clearance.

That SUCKS! Did you hold onto a copy of your SF86 just in case this one goes *poof* like the last one? That's one of the suckiest forms I've ever dealt with.

To the OP...Don't worry unless you know you have something to worry about. If you're not aware of anything, then it's 95% that you'll get it. Don't lose sleep over it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That SUCKS! Did you hold onto a copy of your SF86 just in case this one goes *poof* like the last one? That's one of the suckiest forms I've ever dealt with.

To the OP...Don't worry unless you know you have something to worry about. If you're not aware of anything, then it's 95% that you'll get it. Don't lose sleep over it.

Yeah, but all my references were 3+ years old and needed to be changed, in addition to accounting for moves/activities in the 3 years since the first one I submitted. Still took a while to re-fill it out.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I guess I'd better be pulling out my copy of the SF86 and updating it. It's been 9 1/2 years since I turned in my paper work for my clearance. Ugh, I so hate doing this.

AJB37

FML, I told me recruiter to shred my file thinking I had a copy of my SF86 and I don't. Damn this thread for making me look and realize the mistake I made.

jpmatta16

Thats the problem I know there are somethings in my sf86 that are not good. I made the mistake to get a car and a credit card for my step father for his bussiness while I was away my freshman year. Well he separated my mom stopped paying the car, got it repo and a judgement as well as the credit card. I been paying it off on my own but its still on my credit since its a collection. what would happen? Thank you for all ur help

Renegade One

None
Dudes...your mileage may vary, but I'd recommend you chillax. Assuming you're a normal American kinda kid who grew up without popping on the local police blotter too many times, you're cool. Last time I checked? This was AMERICA!

Trust me...volunteering to serve our nation, going through all the pain points that that requires, and then raising your hand and swearing (or affirming...) "to support and defend the Constitution...(blah blah blah)" counts for a lot.

I never really knew what a security clearance was until I had one that required actual killing if I told anyone what I knew...which I never did...so no one...like... actually died...which was nice. So I got that going for me...

sanders

When I commissioned (May 09) I got a bunch of documents and among them was a form I had to sign stating that if for some reason you fail your security clearance, you will have you commission revoked. I don't have any skeletons in my closet or anything, but my OSO told me that the clearance is almost never an issue.