• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC OCS vs Navy OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

First, you must search.

Then after you search, if no topics pop up with your question, you must search more.

Only then will the magical "Post New Thread" button be revealed.

If you find it too soon, prepare for incoming fire delivered by every platform imaginable.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there any differerance between navy fighter pilot and marine fighter pilot as far as selection?

Well there is capitalization, then there is different uniforms, then there is TBS, then there are duty stations and on and on and on.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Is there any differerance between navy fighter pilot and marine fighter pilot as far as selection?

Don't worry about him...He's just an angry drunk. ;)

I view this thread like the stupid questions thread. Same group of users probably.

That being said...What the eff do you mean? Skidkid stated in a very eloquent manner that your question wasn't at all thought out and makes no sense.

bbaker

I'm about to make a decision whether to joing the USMC or the NAVY to become a fighter pilot. I read some threads here were discussed in the past and did some research the main differance I see is TBS for the marines before going to Primary in FL. now during OCS what are the main differances between the two branches, and is it true that 50% of the USMC OCS fail? I appreciate your help.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I'm about to make a decision whether to joing the USMC or the NAVY to become a fighter pilot.

That's a pretty fucking arrogant assumption. Ask yourself why you want to be a Marine Corps Officer or a Naval Officer, then maybe we can help you.

jtmedli

pilot
I'm about to make a decision whether to joing the USMC or the NAVY to become a fighter pilot. I read some threads here were discussed in the past and did some research the main differance I see is TBS for the marines before going to Primary in FL. now during OCS what are the main differances between the two branches, and is it true that 50% of the USMC OCS fail? I appreciate your help.

Dude, you got a lot more reading/learning to do. The difference is everything is different between The Navy and The Marine Corps. OCS isn't just OCS because they call it the same thing. The fail rate at OCS is more like 25-30% at UMSC OCS. At least that's the public stat out there. If you're worried about which one is easier then you're already in it for the wrong reasons.

The bottom line: You're going to be an officer first and a pilot second. If I were you I'd think twice before becoming a self-proclaimed fighter pilot. There's a long road to hoe before you even fly a plane and then guess what? What you fly isn't up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.