• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC OCS Ground to Air Switch

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dignity intact

It seems as though this thread has come up in other areas of the site. Let me just clarify for purpose of dignity, that I have no intention of taking a slot and going through a PLC session for "the fun of it".

Matt -
It certainly wasn't you that brought up the notion of going participating in PLC because they had nothing better to do for the summer and for the fun of it so your dignity is intact. It was WishICouldFly that asked that question and stirred up discussion as to whether individuals were using PLC as their personal reality adventure with no risk of obligation. Once a thread is started, who knows where it might go...at least it didn't end up in a Chuck Norris or Skeeterman death spiral. HJ

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Matt -
It certainly wasn't you that brought up the notion of going participating in PLC because they had nothing better to do for the summer and for the fun of it so your dignity is intact. It was WishICouldFly that asked that question and stirred up discussion as to whether individuals were using PLC as their personal reality adventure with no risk of obligation. Once a thread is started, who knows where it might go...at least it didn't end up in a Chuck Norris or Skeeterman death spiral. HJ

That'd be one hell of a rough wake up call for such people once they got there.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That'd be one hell of a rough wake up call for such people once they got there.

It would certainly cause someone to reevaluate their notion of "fun". Not to say there aren't moments of humor in OCS especially once the session is in full gear. I had problems suppressing my grin and even laughter on more than one occasion and did a pushup or two for smiling.

The "other" thread had this comment by Slammer2:

Slammer2 said:
One of my SIs got wind of some candidate in another platoon who was just doing it for fun and had no intention of accepting his commission and the next day the dude ended up DORing. I think they had a hand in it. Probably reamed him out for wasting time and money and attention on him. I didnt really see a problem with it at first, but later on, they would put the "spotlight" on candidates who really needed it. It either made the kid shape up real damn fast or made him wash out. That attention really helped those who wanted it big time. I started to get mad later on about week 7 or so when I thought about those who were wasting all that attention. I think it was very important at the time. I know that the attention that I brought on myself for f-ups really helped me out greatly and after it was over I appreciated it.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Mxracer -
It seems that you're one of the few new guys with the right attitude toward being a Marine Officer first, and potential aviator second. Keep that attitude, and you'll do great things in the Corps. If you do end up getting that coveted flight slot, I hope you're not as miserable as I am.

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
Hey guys...Im not quite sure how that post got there? That was a reply to another post...however I dont know how it ended up on this topic? Very strange. Ill repost that where its actually pertainant haha