• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC OCS Dental Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

No.. there are 3 classifications. One is that you are good, 2 is that you are good, but need work and 3 is that you are not good. I dont know what you need for the 3rd, but I had 2. I have a tooth with a rootcanal done, and it wasnt capped. Cracked a bit. During the physical they yelled at me, but approved me. The just said I needed to get it fixed... but I could wait until I get in. Also that I would need my wisdoms removed, but once again... wait until the Marines will pay. So unless you have like 8 teeth missing, and there could be a future infection, you shouldnt fail. (But cavities will kill you, so get them fixed!)

USMC1371

If you still have your wisdom teeth, get them damn things taken out before you go to OCS! I had all 4 of mine taken out at the same time when I was at Parris Island and that did not make for a good experience. All I got was half-a-day of bedrest and I was out PTing and drilling that afternoon, I hurt and bled for over 2 weeks. If you just have a cavity or something cheesy let them do it but something major like wisdom teeth I would highly recommend getting out before hand.

Semper Fi

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
like reapergm said, there are 3 classes - 1, 2, and 3. Most people get 1 or 2. 1 means perfect, 2 means could use some work, but its not immediately necessary, and 3 implies that you need immediate work. Dental problems are a big thing in the Marine Corps and they've been making a big deal out of it recently because of the number of deployments it can interrupt (you can't deploy with a class 3). I don't have my wisdom teeth, had 2 other teeth extracted way back when i had braces, and i had a root canal, and I'm a class 1 or 2 every time. Just get as much done before OCS as you can. It's just easier that way to avoid the little things that wind up making you run around to get stuff done. hope that helps.

livefast

Also, for people with braces...You CAN have them in OCS but they have to be out before you are commissioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.