• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Jet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc

Someone told me that to qualify for the AV-8B that you have to be tall. I have noticed that some of the Hornet pilots I,ve met are shorter or average. I am just wondering if anyone knows specific anthro requirements on these aircraft or of exceptions to above info I was given. I've also heard USMC needs jet pilots badly, but I am most concerned with preparing myself for OCS and being a successful officer canddidate first. Thanks!

vt9Jack

DC, I cant speak for the whole Marine Corps or Fleet, however at VT-9 there are several Harrier pilots and a couple of Marine Hornet drivers as well. They are all heights. There is a rather short Harrier guy, and one of the Hornet guys is very tall and lanky. There are of course the baseline anthro requiremnts that all ejection seat aircrew must meet, but I think it stops there.

jec

Edited by - vt9jack on 06/29/2001 10:05:01

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
No, That's crap. I don't know the specific anthro requirements but there are VERY SHORT AV-8 pilots as well as Very Tall F-18 pilots. The Corps IS NOT HURTING for Jet pilots. They are hurting for middle aged (almost) jet pilots but not for SNA's - O-3's. Good attitude. Worry about the stuff you can control (physical conditiong for OCS)the rest, just do your best. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.