• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC boots, gear issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoddboy

SMNA
i was wondering: what boots do Marine SNAs and aviators wear? is it the steel toed tan ones? also, what gear should i save or procure before flight school? thanks

peanut3479

pilot
We wear the same issued black flight boots as everyone else. Make sure you have cammies and tan boots, as you'll wear them while you check in and until you start API. MATSG will tell you what all else you need and where to get it - almost everything you'll need will be issued.

aoddboy

SMNA
thanks for the reply. appreciate it. i thought, (maybe hoped) we would wear tan boots with the steel toe in them that Bates makes. thanks for the gouge.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Some of the studs up here are wearing those now. I don't think they're "reg", but our XO is starting to lean on us a little about polishing our boots, so it's a nice way to stay under the radar.

Clux4

Banned
They have some ox-blood looking flight boots that the guys up here wear, I don't know if they have started inssuing those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.