• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Applicant Trying for PLC

CHRIST000PHER

Hey everyone, first time poster long time lurker here.
I'm currently a senior in college and I'm working on submitting a package for the PLC board this November. I'm competing for an air contract, and I understand it is competitive for selection so I would like like to hear your thoughts.
I am a Molecular Biology major (2.86 GPA), and I'm in the process of studying for the ASTB-E. I know this GPA hurts and leaves doubt in my mind about being selected this year. Oddly enough, I was told from my OSA that the PLC opportunity is still available for me because I got in started on this during my junior year & my expected graduation is not until the Fall of 2020.
My question is that if I'm not selected this year would I still be eligible for the PLC program? Is it as simple as extending my graduation by working on my minor? I'm interested in seeing if there is anyone that has delayed this process while they were trying to get into the PLC.

SpankenStein

When you're here, your Family.
pilot
Your competing? I suppose the recruiter has a limited amount of spots. If I were a junior, I would just apply to OCS and not PLC. As far as the air contract: Firstly, just pass the ASTB. Once you've done that, its gold. Your OSO may be able to dish you at an air contract, and if not, there are always offered air contracts in TBS. It's just a matter of passing that test.

SpankenStein

When you're here, your Family.
pilot
I was only conveying, an air contract at TBS, could be a last effort. I know many jet pilots, who were competitive air out of TBS (zero flight experience).
" ...is bad advice"........Your mom is bad advice.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I was only conveying, an air contract at TBS, could be a last effort. I know many jet pilots, who were competitive air out of TBS (zero flight experience).
" ...is bad advice"........Your mom is bad advice.
Big difference between going in eyes open as a last effort and “there are always air contracts at TBS”

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
“There are always air contracts offered at TBS” ...is bad advice. Go with an air contract if you want to fly. There may or may not be additional air contracts offered at TBS, and no one will know how competitive it will be.

Especially when those "competitive air" contracts are for UAV slots, which is what is going on right now.