• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USGC to take over Wash DC air security...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Customs, merging with Border Patrol air, was doing this. I think the switch is good. The CG is a military organization. If assets need to be moved one place or another the Coasties will salute smartly and pack up. They will fly any number of hours or missions as is "operationally necessary." I am sure that CBP can not do this. They get paid overtime, have to follow complex civil service labor rules, and, God Bless them, have a cop mind set. In the end, if there is a real threat, we need a military response. The CG has walked the thin line between military and law enforcement for many years. They are up to the task.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
Customs, merging with Border Patrol air, was doing this. I think the switch is good. The CG is a military organization. If assets need to be moved one place or another the Coasties will salute smartly and pack up. They will fly any number of hours or missions as is "operationally necessary." I am sure that CBP can not do this. They get paid overtime, have to follow complex civil service labor rules, and, God Bless them, have a cop mind set. In the end, if there is a real threat, we need a military response. The CG has walked the thin line between military and law enforcement for many years. They are up to the task.

Agreed.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, and of course, they are Naval Aviators. Who else to defend our nation's capitol?