• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USFF Released Enterprise Video Investigation Findings

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Why are they censuring the CO/XO that took command after Capt Honors left the Enterprise? They weren't even there...

IRfly

None
This certainly provides me some clarity and guidance in upcoming career decisions.

Flying Toaster

None
Red October was on tonight and I couldn't help but notice the slight resemblance...

capt_dude.png

600px-RedOct_008.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So how exactly is censure different from being told to retire?

I t*ink an LOC can be pulled under certain circumstances, wit*in a set time frame. My Navy Legal Sc*ool was some 50+ years ago, it may *ave c*anged.
BzB :sleep_125

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Church boys don't win wars and the troops I know don't want to follow a mousey, stiff, rule quoting party line spouter... then again, I'll never make O-6 much to the condemning higherups glee.....

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Did you read the article? Specifically, the part where he, as the XO, talked with a stuffed parrot about how he (parrot) would have to be really drunk to have sex with a certain female department head? Having fun is one thing, but that's obvious red-light sexual harassment. And the part about "fag" being acceptable back in 2007, despite the t-shirt debacle? Uh huh. The most telling parts of the testimony were that the videos weren't made to be seen by the public and that CAPT Honors did nothing wrong. Hell, he basically said he'd do it again if it wouldn't have any effects on his career.

I don't see things going well on this board. For anyone.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
A simple statement sums it up..... "As he wrapped up his questioning of Honors, Rear Adm. Brian C. Prindle said, "I never heard you say unequivocally, 'I was wrong.' "

He hasn't, and I hope he doesn't... I don't want him to cave into the puritanical mold.

Who wins here? The little spineless sniveling talentless wussie JG who started the train rolling. That chaps my ass much worse than any off color comments EVER could.

Im with MB.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Concur, I hope he never does either. With this PC, zero defect BS imagine what kind of force we would have had if this was the way of things in WWII. Men like Nimitz, MacArthur, Patton. They would be deemed " unacceptable" and "inappropriate" today. And that is a tragedy.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Concur, I hope he never does either. With this PC, zero defect BS imagine what kind of force we would have had if this was the way of things in WWII. Men like Nimitz, MacArthur, Patton. They would be deemed " unacceptable" and "inappropriate" today. And that is a tragedy.

Patton... wasn't he reprimanded pretty harshly by Eisenhower over his treatment of the two soldiers he hit who were suffering from "Battle Fatigue"? I know it's apples and oranges, but even then it wasn't a big deal until the press heard of the incidents.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Patton... wasn't he reprimanded pretty harshly by Eisenhower over his treatment of the two soldiers he hit who were suffering from "Battle Fatigue"? I know it's apples and oranges, but even then it wasn't a big deal until the press heard of the incidents.

I think the lesson here, is that the press can be f***ing retarded sometimes. In instances of national security, or in the case of war fighters, the Press needs to leave matters of political correctness alone. I could give a damn if someone's feelings get hurt because they were called a fag, a retard, or a bitch. I've been called all three before and I have enough sense to know that I can still live after being called a name. In the environment in which we operate, we sometimes need to vent or convey messages in a 'creative manner.' I understand that some in the corporate world won't understand what I do, or why, but I don't answer to them (directly).

I think instead of having classes on how to not call anyone offensive names, we should have classes on how not to be butt sore if someone says something you THINK is offensive.