• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Use CamelBak BFM at OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammalian04

Hey guys,
I asked this in the regular USMC area but thought I might get more responses from here.

My Recruiting Gunnery Sergeant told me that he thinks that the BFM CamelBak can be used at OCS? Anybody know if this is true or seem someone use one at OCS? He said it is a replacement for canteens and an Alice pack (My ignorance but don't know what an Alice pack is).

Even if you don't use at OCS is it a good investment? I was also thinking about getting one to put weight in and ruck hills in my neighborhood.

Last thing, what color CamelBak BFM should I use if I get one (So it can be used at OCS & TBS).

Thanks guys,
- Jason

fghtpilot

I don't know about TBS but I know you can NOT use it at OCS. You might be able to use it on liberty but thats it. I'm thinking of getting one just to train with but they aren't aloud to be used during training at OCS.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I don't know what BFM stands for, but I can tell you that at TBS they will say that you have to use the issued Camelbak you are given. The camelbak you will be issued will be a guaranteed piece of ****. With that in mind, it's a good idea to buy your own, and try and sneak it after the first couple weeks. For instance, when you go to the field you will have your camelbak but noone will notice/care if it isn't the issued one, However, if you you were to try and use your own personal camelbak during the first PT session you will probably get called out, at least we had a few who did.

In regards to the color, don't buy black, try and buy one that is "Olive Drab". Olive drab is the exact name of the color that your skivvie shirts, cammies, and everything you are issued is called, including your camelbak. If you can't find OD, try and get a comparable green shade, so it is inconspicuous as possible.

Mammalian04

Thanks Taxman! BFM is just the type of CamelBak (the name of it). Don't think it stands for anything. I think I will get one just to hump in until I get to OCS. What is everybody else using?

Anyone know how much weight it can take?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Taxman2A said:
With that in mind, it's a good idea to buy your own, and try and sneak it after the first couple weeks. For instance, when you go to the field you will have your camelbak but no one will notice/care if it isn't the issued one, However, if you you were to try and use your own personal camelbak during the first PT session you will probably get called out, at least we had a few who did.
Ok now I think when he said sneekit in he had something a lil smaller in mind. I have seen the ones in pics of TBS before and they are not that big. At OCS that big thing I know will not fly. They might be letting in Camelbaks but i doubt that it will be that big.

Mammalian04

I was refering to using it in place of the Alice pack but I think the consensus is that it isn't allowed.

Thanks for the input guys!

- J

Status
Not open for further replies.