• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uscg Fy08 Dca

HawkDoc

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Does anyone have any inside information on the DEC 2008 board? I talked to the DCA program coordinator a couple on months back and he said it looked like 30+ slots for FY08. He did not know the breakdown of FW vs RW.

Past boards:
2007 Dec board 9 primary selected, 5 alternate May board 10 primary 10 alternate
2006 Dec board 16 primary selected, w/6 alternates most of which got picked up. May board 16 primary and 3 alternates.
2005 Dec board 15 primary selected, 6 alternate May board 5 primary and three alternate.
2004 Dec board 15 primary and five alternate...

Hopefully FY 08 will be more like FY06 than FY07. Any thoughts from other Army Aviators applying this year?

DJB
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

HawkDoc

clearing things up...

The first FY 08 board occurs next month, DEC 2007. That is the board I was referring to...

phrogpilot73

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Does anyone have any inside information on the DEC 2008 board? I talked to the DCA program coordinator a couple on months back and he said it looked like 30+ slots for FY08. He did not know the breakdown of FW vs RW.

Past boards:
2007 Dec board 9 primary selected, 5 alternate May board 10 primary 10 alternate
2006 Dec board 16 primary selected, w/6 alternates most of which got picked up. May board 16 primary and 3 alternates.
2005 Dec board 15 primary selected, 6 alternate May board 5 primary and three alternate.
2004 Dec board 15 primary and five alternate...

Hopefully FY 08 will be more like FY06 than FY07. Any thoughts from other Army Aviators applying this year?

DJB
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
When I talked to the DCA Coordinator a while back, he mentioned that the 30 slots were for the entire fiscal year. The slots he was referring to were only the primary slots (he compared the 30 for FY 08 to the 19 for FY 07). I don't know how they're going to be broken up (15 for the Dec Board, 15 for the May Board, or some other combination). From what I understand, they're really hurting for C-130 guys, and that combined with the separate FW/RW boards I think it will be interesting... I'm not applying again, but good luck - and if you need any tips (I was an alternate that got picked up, but ultimately turned it down), I'm more than willing to share them!

HawkDoc

thanks for the reply

PhrogPilot:

Thanks for the reply. I looked through some old boards, saw that they really waited a long time to call you after the May 2007 board. Sorry it didn't work out on your duty station, seems like 2007 was a pretty tight year for rotary wing guys.

I'm an Army Guard RLO MEDEVAC H-60 guy. I got over a 1000 and am currently a full-time student. I'll be done with the Master's Degree next month and this Coast Guard thing is number one on my job list (all my other job prospects don't involve flying, and my part-time flying will drop off if I take one of them).

I am hoping 2008 will be a good year for RW and FW DCA's. There is nothing else I can do now but wait because my packet has already been turned in.

medpuke

adding to the cunfusion

Does anyone have an idea of how may packets have been submitted for the Dec. DCA board?

skylier36

None
Hard to tell, there haven't been many posts this time around. So far I've identified three Army guy's.

HawkDoc

Q's submitted to DCA program coordinator

[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']I submitted this following e-mail to the DCA program coordinator hopefully he will get back to me. I would encourage everyone else to try and get these numbers from him too, his contact information is: [/FONT]LTJG XXXX XXXxXXX, 703-XXX-XXXX, EMAIL:
XXXX.X.XXXXXXX(AT) USCG.MIL.[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']I'll post the answer I get from him if and when he replies. I have not had very much luck getting in touch with him on the phone in the past.

LtJG XXXXXXX:

My name is David ******* and I through my recruiter here in Albuquerque New Mexico I have submitted a packet for the December 10th 2007 DCA board. I just had a couple of questions concerning that board and I understand if you are unable to disclose some of that information to me. Also if my packet is not at USCG recruiting command or if there is a problem with it please let me know. My questions are as follows:

1) How many people have applied for the 10 DEC board and what is the breakdown of their services: Army, AF, USN, USMC?
2) Of those that applied what is the breakdown of FW versus RW?
3) How many USCG slots will be available for the board and what is their breakdown (FW versus RW)?
4) When will the results of the board be known?

I believe that about does it, thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

David J ******
[/FONT]

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just a note. There is an interesting article in the latest Rotor Review (NHA publication) about Navy-USCG. Written by a former 46 guy, now USCG LTjg. Pretty informative if you get a chance to review it. Usually the Naval Helicopter Association website has a .pdf, but lately they're behind.

Gkp200

pilot
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]I submitted this following e-mail to the DCA program coordinator hopefully he will get back to me. I would encourage everyone else to try and get these numbers from him too, his contact information is: [/FONT]LTJG XXXX XXXxXXX, 703-XXX-XXXX, EMAIL:
XXXX.X.XXXXXXX(AT) USCG.MIL.[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]I'll post the answer I get from him if and when he replies. I have not had very much luck getting in touch with him on the phone in the past.[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]LtJG XXXXXXX:[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]My name is David ******* and I through my recruiter here in Albuquerque New Mexico I have submitted a packet for the December 10th 2007 DCA board. I just had a couple of questions concerning that board and I understand if you are unable to disclose some of that information to me. Also if my packet is not at USCG recruiting command or if there is a problem with it please let me know. My questions are as follows:[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]1) How many people have applied for the 10 DEC board and what is the breakdown of their services: Army, AF, USN, USMC? [/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]2) Of those that applied what is the breakdown of FW versus RW?[/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]3) How many USCG slots will be available for the board and what is their breakdown (FW versus RW)?[/FONT]
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]4) When will the results of the board be known? [/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]I believe that about does it, thank you for your time![/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]David J ******[/FONT]

I know you're trying to figure out your chances of selection, but do you think he will have time to reply to you and everyone else with this information? Your only valid questions (in my mind) are did you get my application and when will I hear. You may not want to aggravate him as he may be on the board.

HawkDoc

I started a thread on APTAP on the same subject and this reply was posted:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Talked with the DCO coordinator yesterday. FY08 looks like this for DCA's: 30 RW 20 FW
Board 02-08 15 RW 10 FW with only 25 apps. turned in. 5 require waivers.
Board 03-08 15 RW 10 FW.
As far as waivers are concerned he said that waivers will be looked at for both RW and FW. They are approved/denied on a case by case basis by personnel command. At this point there will be no blanket waivers. Each packet will be looked by personnel command if a waiver is required and waivers will or will not be granted based on the strength of the applicants qualifications and type of waiver requested.

If the waiver is approved the packet will be deemed competitive and will be looked at by the DCA board itself. He said the DCA board will not make any determinations as to waivers. That will be done by the personnel folks prior to the board convening.
Good Luck

Sounds like good news to me

BigIron:
I checked out the NHA site unfortunately the article you were referring to has not been made a pdf yet but they did have some other articles that were pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up on the interesting site.
[/FONT]

skylier36

None
Results are in!

R 031956Z JAN 08 ZUI ASN-A00003000014
FM COMCOGARD RECRUITING COMMAND WASHINGTON DC
TO ALCGRECRUITING
BT
UNCLAS //N01131//
ALCGRECRUITING 02/08
SUBJ: DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 10 DEC 07 SELECTION
PANEL RESULTS
A. COMCOGARD RECRUITING COMMAND WASHINGTON DC 141940Z AUG 07,
ALCGRECRUITING 09/07
B. COMCOGARD RECRUITING COMMAND WASHINGTON DC 111236Z OCT 07,
ALCGRECRUITING 01/08
C. RECRUITING MANUAL, COMDTINST M1100.2E
D. WEIGHT/PHYSICAL FITNESS STANDARDS FOR COAST GUARD MILITARY
PERSONNEL, COMDTINST M1020.8F
E. CG MEDICAL MANUAL, COMDINST M6000.1C
1. THE SECRETARY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS
APPROVED THE RESULTS OF THE DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO)
SELECTION PANEL 02-08 THAT CONVENED IAW REF A AND B ON 10 DEC 07.
THE PANEL RECOMMENDED THE FOLLOWING NAMED INDIVIDUALS AS PRIMARY
AND ALTERNATE CANDIDATES FOR DIRECT COMMISSIONS. PRIMARY SELECTEES
ARE LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
2. ALTERNATES ARE LISTED IN THE ORDER APPOINTMENTS WILL BE OFFERED.
THE DCO PANEL 02-08 ALTERNATE LIST REMAINS EFFECTIVE UNTIL THE
SECRETARY APPROVES THE RESULTS OF THE NEXT DCO PANEL FOR THE
ALTERNATE SELECTEES RESPECTIVE PROGRAM. ALTERNATES ARE ENCOURAGED
TO REAPPLY TO MAXIMIZE THEIR COMMISSIONING OPPORTUNITIES.
3. PRIMARY SELECTEES ARE APPOINTED RESERVE COMMISSIONS UNLESS
OTHERWISE NOTED WITH TWO ASTERISKS (**), IN WHICH CASE A TEMPORARY
COMMISSION IS AUTHORIZED.
A. DIRECT COMMISSION AVIATOR (DCA):
(1) DCA PRIMARY
NAME RATE EMPLID RANK UNIT
ANDREWS II, WILLIAM J. ENS
ANTRIM, AARON P. LTJG
BAKER JR., GREGORY A. LTJG
BLUNIER, DAVID J. ENS
CALABRESE, DARIO P. LTJG
CARRILLO, JASON R. LTJG
FOSHA, REBECCA A. LTJG
HEAL, JOSEPH S. LTJG
LUMPKIN, CHARLES A. LTJG
MACKENZIE, ROBERT M. LTJG
MANN, NATHAN M. LTJG
NEBL, ANDREW J. LTJG
PFEFFER, KURT W. LTJG
REHLENDER, GREGORY M. LTJG
SCHLESINGER, STEPHEN M. LTJG
VAN GINKEL, MATTHEW J. LTJG
WOODCOCK, SCOTT M. ENS
(2) DCA ALTERNATES
NONE SELECTED
B. DIRECT COMMISSION ENGINEER (DCE-C4IT):
(1) DCE-C4IT PRIMARY
BROWN, ERIC J. ENS
SEALE, DOUGLAS LTJG
(2) DCE-C4IT ALTERNATE
1. STORM, CHARLES M. ENS
C. DIRECT COMMISSION INTELLIGENCE OFFICER (DCIO):
(1) DCIO PRIMARY
MCBRIDE, SCOTT A. LTJG
PETERSON FERNANDEZ, PEDRO N. ENS
WARD, CHRISTOPHER S. ** ISC 1136475 ENS MIFC
(2) DCIO ALTERNATES
NONE SELECTED
D. DIRECT COMMISSION LAWYER (DCL):
(1) DCL PRIMARY
EVANS, JOHN H. LT
NOVY, ANGELA A. LT
TIFFANY, KELLEY L. LT
TILEY, BRYAN D. LT
WALKER, ANDREW J. LT
WUNDER, KISMET R. LT
(2) DCL ALTERNATE
1. GIBBONS, EMILY M. LT
2. MEYER, MICHAEL J. LT
E. MARITIME ACADEMY GRADUATE (MARGRAD):
(1) MARGRAD PRIMARY
AMIGO, CAMERON N. ENS
GUANCI, MATTHEW M. LTJG
KANG, KAI. ENS
METZ, MICHAEL W. ENS
NOVINSKIY, OLEG V. ENS
SHANE, COLLEEN M. LTJG
(2) MARGRAD ALTERNATE
1. BAILEY, DIANNA M. ENS
2. WEIDMAN, JOSHUA J. ENS
4. SELECTEES WILL RECEIVE LETTERS NOTIFYING THEM OF THEIR
SELECTION AND ANY PENDING COMMISSIONING REQUIREMENTS. FINAL
APPOINTMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON MEETING ALL COMMISSIONING
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND REMAINING FULLY QUALIFIED IAW REF C,
D, AND E. CO'S AND OINC'S MUST ENSURE SELECTEES REMAIN IN
COMPLIANCE WITH USCG CHARACTER STANDARDS AND WEIGHT/FITNESS
STANDARDS AS OUTLINED IN REF C AND D.
5. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT
AUTHORITY TO ISSUE TRAVEL ORDERS TO ATTEND DCO SCHOOL.
6. THE PANEL MEMBERSHIP IS LISTED BELOW:
NAME/RANK UNIT
CAPT FREDERICK KENNEY, USCG, PANEL PRESIDENT D1 BOSTON
CDR JAMES NICHOLSON, USCG CG-0948
CDR JOHN VANN, USCG CGPC
LCDR SUZANNE BROWN, USCG CGPC
LCDR ANDREW CAMPEN, USCG CAMSPAC
LCDR SAMUEL GOSWELLEN, USCG CG-741
LCDR CHRISTOPHER KAPLAN, USCG CG-931
LCDR FRANCES MESSALLE, USCG CGPC
LCDR HARPER PHILLIPS, USCG CG-7111
LCDR JOHN PRIEBE, USCG CG-481
LCDR MARK SHEPARD, USCG CGPC
LCDR CASSANDRA WALBERT, USCGR MLCLANT
LT CHRISTOPHER BURRUS, USCG CG-212
LT SHANE MORGAN, USCG CG-102
LT DEON SCOTT, USCG MSU GALVESTON
LT MATTHEW TUOHY, USCG AIRSTA ATLANTIC CITY
LT MICHAEL VAUGHN, USCG MLCLANT
7. APPLICANTS WHO WERE NOT SELECTED OR WERE SELECTED AS ALTERNATES
ARE REQUIRED TO REAPPLY THROUGH THEIR RECRUITING OFFICE OR ESO IF
INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED FOR ANY FUTURE DCO SELECTION PANEL.
8. THE PROCEEDINGS OF A SELECTION PANEL, INCLUDING ITS
DELIBERATIONS AND CRITERIA FOR SELECTION, CANNOT BE DISCLOSED TO
ANY PERSON WHO WAS NOT A MEMBER OF THE PANEL. HOWEVER, PANEL
MEMBERS DO HAVE VALUABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE SHARED REGARDING
THE GENERAL SELECTION PROCESS, ITS FAIRNESS, AND EQUITY. QUESTIONS
REGARDING THE RESULTS OF THE PANEL OR HOW TO BETTER COMPETE FOR
FUTURE SELECTION PANELS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO LTJG DAHL, DCO PROGRAM
COORDINATOR, CGRC OFFICER PROGRAMS BRANCH, AT 703-235-1873, OR VIA
EMAIL AT JEFFREY.M.DAHL(AT)USCG.MIL.
9. SERVING AS A SELECTION PANEL MEMBER IS AN EXCELLENT PROFESSIONAL
DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR OFFICERS. OFFICERS INTERESTED IN
SERVING AS MEMBERS OF AN OFFICER SELECTION PANEL SHOULD CONTACT
MATTHEW.C.DERRENBACHER(AT)USCG.MIL.
10. INTERNET RELEASE AUTHORIZED.
11. RELEASED BY CAPT STEVEN VANDERPLAS, COMMANDING OFFICER, CGRC.
BT

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Congrats to all. There's 3 fellow RAG studs I went through w/ on the list, all of which are here at Whiting. Interesting.