• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USCG Flight Helmet

samb

I suppose it would depend on what collars you're using. I've never heard of the HGU-56 interfering with our (Army) LPU-40 collars. They didn't say anything about it during ALSE school and it worked fine during our equipment demos. Same goes for dunker.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Interesting that on the cover of Approach Magazine, showing a US Navy Flag officer at the controls of a US Navy helicopter - wearing an HGU-56/P helmet without the awful white reflective tape - hopefully this is a positive change in policy:

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Interesting that on the cover of Approach Magazine, showing a US Navy Flag officer at the controls of a US Navy helicopter - wearing an HGU-56/P helmet without the awful white reflective tape - hopefully this is a positive change in policy:

View attachment 28484

I smile a little bit seeing this. We were called pariahs and cowboys at 85 when we pushed so hard for this helmet. Now folks with some real weight may actually be understanding why it’s such a better helmet.

red_stang65

pilot
Not sure which series H-60 he’s riding in, but it’s not a Romeo or Sierra. The window has the orange window jettison strap, and the back cover shows the CAAS cockpit. Curious.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Not sure which series H-60 he’s riding in, but it’s not a Romeo or Sierra. The window has the orange window jettison strap, and the back cover shows the CAAS cockpit. Curious.

Let's Zapruder this. Per the caption, it's of photo of RDML Tynch, currently CTF-73. Also the CAAS has vertical screen, so it's not CAAS, which rules out Army and USCG birds. Has rotor brake, so also not an Army bird. My guess is export Seahawk, maybe Royal Singapore Air Force, since that's where -73 is.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Let's Zapruder this. Per the caption, it's of photo of RDML Tynch, currently CTF-73. Also the CAAS has vertical screen, so it's not CAAS, which rules out Army and USCG birds. Has rotor brake, so also not an Army bird. My guess is export Seahawk, maybe Royal Singapore Air Force, since that's where -73 is.
Good to see that Joey can still manage to scam a flight or two. Back in 2018 he flew an S-70i with the Royal Brunei AF. Looks like the Approach cover could be from then. Here's another a pic with the RBAF:

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Good to see that Joey can still manage to scam a flight or two. Back in 2018 he flew an S-70i with the Royal Brunei AF. Looks like the Approach cover could be from then. Here's another a pic with the RBAF:

I was close! Then all the helmet speculation doesn't matter because it was probably pool gear from RBAF, from 2 years ago.

EDIT: Also my super power is niche S-70/H-60 variant scanning. The History of the Hawk book does a decent job.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Interesting, I don't like flexboom mics all that much. The one my Bose A-20 won't stay in place.
I LOVE my Bose A20 (USAF issued, thank you!) - booms stays put - if yours does not its a warranty repair. You might be able to self repair. Its probably a loose or broken washer/gasket. But it should stay put.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I LOVE my Bose A20 (USAF issued, thank you!) - booms stays put - if yours does not its a warranty repair. You might be able to self repair. Its probably a loose or broken washer/gasket. But it should stay put.
I love the headset overall, just not a fan of the boom.