• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF seems to be having a difficult week

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Every article I've read about this drone indicates it was designed with lesser versions of stealthiness, (straight lines on the gear housings, less advanced composite materials) KNOWING it would probably end up in the wrong hands one day. It's a fucking robot. It's only got one engine. That is 3 less than I am generally comfortable with at any given time. Lets be real, it was destined to crash with that one very serious design flaw.

This is why we don't put pilots in SR-71s and fly them anymore. We don't have to trade a spy to get it back. We just go...oops and do the JO salute..."iunno?"

Redux

All is well, Obama has asked for it back, they can't possibly refuse him. <chortle chortle)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
^^^

Good news! Pilot job security! :)

(I'm in a "glass is half full" mood today.)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The idea that noise jamming the GPS signal will confuse the vehicle into landing "where Iran wants" is beyond ridiculous and reveals a fundamental misunderstanding about how these systems work. You can't just make it think it's somewhere that it is not. I'm glad the press is regurgitating the propaganda that Iran is spewing without doing any kind of fact checking or investigative inquiry. That would require actual work and might make them miss their deadline. The press is infected with institutional malaise and intellectual laziness - standard.

Brett

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
"The press" doesn't have a whole lot to go on other than what Iran is saying, and I don't think our PAO corps is agile enough to be able to respond to them in a timely fashion. The only option is a prisoner's dilemma where the different papers/blogs/etc. just don't report on things until they hear from "both" sides, which is bound to fail when someone gets a "scoop" about how OMG IRAN HAXED OUR DRONE!