• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF Enlisted Pilots, The Right Stuff, Stolen Bikes, AIC, and SWO pipe dreams.

azguy

None
We (13xx) strive to value all educated opinions from any community, so don’t play the game of “you’re not URL, so STFU”. You’re the actual clown here.

@LFCFan was simply stating that there is an entire contingent of people whose job it is to mission plan for TLAM strikes (you do know that, right??), NOT that SWOs have nothing to do with planning for the use of TLAMs. Failed straw man, bro.

Re-read my quoted post, retard; Also make better life choices, since you are a "hummerfo." Specifically, "...VFA guys will still do all their own mission planning whereas the CRUDES guys do not." This is incorrect. Do you really wish to refute it?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Who are you again?

I considered just fucking off this site. But, honestly, I learn a lot here. For every 30 of you that I piss off and make insecure of your career decisions, one person learns something; that's a scientific fact.
NA1.jpg

hummerfo

None
Re-read my quoted post, retard; Also make better life choices, since you are a "hummerfo." Specifically, "...VFA guys will still do all their own mission planning whereas the CRUDES guys do not." This is incorrect. Do you really wish to refute it?

Lol, I’m actually very content in my life choices. Hence, why I’m not flying off the handle and acting like a 2 year old who lost her pacifier. Also, I don’t spend my days shitting all over the SWO community. This comment is the definition of projection. I know you went SWO because there was no guarantee you could have been Maverick (amazing thoughtprocess), but we all have to live with the choices we make.

Let’s break this down, because you obviously have reading comprehension issues and you probably launched the worst straw man argument in history: He said that there is a contingent of people whose job it is to plan TLAM strikes. Not that SWOs on the ships don’t do any planning of their own for TLAM strikes. LATER in the comment, he said that VFA guys do all their own mission planning, while CRUDES do not. If we put this all together, we see that VFA guys don’t have an inorganic group that does some of the planning for them, while the SWOs do. Do we understand now? Not everything is a personal attack on you.

hummerfo

None
Who are you again?

I considered just fucking off this site. But, honestly, I learn a lot here. For every 30 of you that I piss off and make insecure of your career decisions, one person learns something; that's a scientific fact.

Haha! Twice in a half hour you accused two separate people of being “insecure in their career decisions”.

I’m no Freud, but damn, it seems like someone’s unhappy with theirs.

azguy

None
Fact. Flying FA-18s sucks, can you shoot me a PM about lat transferring? I really want to be more kill-chain-centric.

I don't know how to respond to this... As a TACAIR guy, I assume that you, too, have had the opportunity to launch ordinance in anger against the country's enemies(?)

azguy

None
Haha! Twice in a half hour you accused two separate people of being “insecure in their career decisions”.

I’m no Freud, but damn, it seems like someone’s unhappy with theirs.

Wish I were a pilot, on perpetual sea duty? No thanks. But as I've said... I'd take SWO over helo/MPRA pilot, and ANY NFO, any day...

And I'm ready for the, inevitable, butt-hurt reaction.

Last edited:

hummerfo

None
Wish I were a pilot, on perpetual sea duty? No thanks.

Remember at the Academy or ROTC when people would talk about how the SWO community sucks and the people suck? You’re that stereotype. Congratulations.

Thankfully, I’ve served with some awesome SWOs (strangely enough, most of the. have lat transferred or gotten out, weird) but you suck.

Edit, I’m on shore duty. Not sure where you got your info that aviators are on “perpetual sea duty”...

Last edited:

Python

pilot
Contributor
I don't know how to respond to this... As a TACAIR guy, I assume that you, too, have had the opportunity to launch ordinance in anger against the country's enemies(?)

Most VFA guys of my generation that have done cruises to 5th Fleet have dropped ordnance in anger.

Wish I were a pilot, on perpetual sea duty? No thanks.

I’m on shore duty and it’s pretty sweet.

BigRed389

None
We (13xx) strive to value all educated opinions from any community, so don’t play the game of “you’re not URL, so STFU”. You’re the actual clown here.

@LFCFan was simply stating that there is an entire contingent of people whose job it is to mission plan for TLAM strikes (you do know that, right??), NOT that SWOs have nothing to do with planning for the use of TLAMs. Failed straw man, bro.

Look I won't use the same..."eloquent language" as azguy, but the issue as I see it is that people are drawing misguided conclusions from incomplete/anecdotal understandings of how other communities do things.

Let’s break this down, because you obviously have reading comprehension issues and you probably launched the worst straw man argument in history: He said that there is a contingent of people whose job it is to plan TLAM strikes. Not that SWOs on the ships don’t do any planning of their own for TLAM strikes. LATER in the comment, he said that VFA guys do all their own mission planning, while CRUDES do not. If we put this all together, we see that VFA guys don’t have an inorganic group that does some of the planning for them, while the SWOs do. Do we understand now? Not everything is a personal attack on you.

Honest question, is VFA not getting Intel support during the mission planning?

So here's the deal. The shore side has the role they have now in "real world" ops because our Navy is not operating in a comms and link degraded environment. As long as we enjoy that luxury, it makes sense for us to do things this way, because the shore side has better access to the full scope of C4I and ISR support offered by our Joint brethren.

Now drawing a conclusion from the current baseline that CRUDES can't do their own mission planning would be as misguided as drawing the conclusion that TACAIR can't pull off a SAG Takedown just because you've never seen them do it.
Right now, Fleet owns it because...presumably they look at Strike Group and the CVW's capabilities and wonder 90% of the time why the fuck they would need a land attack cruise missile against the threats of today. Now if TLAM ever got released to Strike Group...?

As for the "weapons release" bit...that goes into the whole "picking up the phone" ridiculousness that's practically becoming a meme on this thread. The CO is called for a purpose, not for every little thing. Yes, in some cases it is to obtain permission. In others, it's because reporting requirements exist.
To draw an analogy, I assume a Squadron CO/CAG gets clued in and has some input on who is going over the beach to drop JDAMs all over things that need to die? Or wants to know if Force Weapons Posture changes? I mean I don't know the real reason you have a SDO on the boat, but presumably it's for more than to be the guy getting prank called by JOPA.

Look, fundamentally this is Naval Command and Control 101. To the extent you have time/access, the boss wants to be in the loop. When you don't, they trust the subordinates can work with Commander's Intent and other previous higher guidance.
When you are doing a TLAM strike, the boss has time to get in there and watch what's going on. So they will generally write their orders to require their permission to launch.
If you are doing ASCM defense (like we've done real world), they will not. So pretty much no CO ever will require you to call them.

Conflating how one mission area is executed with how another would be demonstrates a pretty poor understanding of the how/why things are the way they are. Which is why he's being called out on it.

Last edited:

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
There are URL-qualified, warfare-experienced officers discussing shit here. You're a clown. STFU.
You're out of you're element, bro.
Who are you again?
I learn a lot here. For every 30 of you that I piss off and make insecure of your career decisions, one person learns something
Re-read my quoted post, retard; Also make better life choices, since you are a "hummerfo."
I'd take SWO over helo/MPRA pilot, and ANY NFO, any day...

I'm going to say upfront that there is little you can say to piss me off, I'm fairly grounded and tend to look at the big picture. However, if, indeed, you believe you are pissing 30 people off at a time in order for you to learn something, does that not bother you? I mean, deep down at your core, in order for you to learn something you're admitting that you must invade the minds of up to 30 other humans and cause them mental anguish. And worse yet, you admit don't care. Your behavior here is certainly sociopathic in nature. If you're exhibiting that behavior here where there are relatively little consequences, I would invite you to explore introspection as these tendencies and behaviors will undoubtedly flare up in real life and could quite possibly negatively affect your career if they flare up around the wrong people. I'm significantly concerned for you. As I would with any of my Sailors, I encourage you to explore the resources that Fleet and Family provide. They have excellent counseling services and none of it is logged in your medical records, nor can it be used against you professionally. There are also meditation classes in Fleet Concentration Areas that would undoubtedly help you find some inner peace.

I can see the inner turmoil in you and, despite what has been said here, I want you to know that I forgive you. Please go find help.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
There are URL-qualified, warfare-experienced officers discussing shit here. You're a clown. STFU. CRUDES don't do mission planning for a strike? Wrong.

You're out of you're element, bro.

Who is the clown? You are a SWO, directing insults and hatred, rather than reasoned arguments toward a group largely comprised of aviators on a forum started by aviators. That's a pretty serious miscalculation, and speaks volumes about your character. I don't give a fuck that this is online where anything goes, you should conduct yourself better. It is possible to disagree without using ad hominem arguments or maligning an entire profession. Your shenanigans aren't cheeky and fun, they're cruel and tragic. Fix it, or don't play.

For someone who claims that aviation is too segmented, you sure do a thorough job of directing your hate toward some of our communities. Some of my good friends are hummer NFOs, they're damn good at what they do, and are just fine with their life choices. We need them to be good at their jobs like everyone else, and they deserve professional pride for what they do. Your opinion of them and the helo bubbas is not only irrelevant, it's insulting. Drop the tough guy act, it isn't working.

Who are you again?

You missed an opportunity with that. It's not too late.

Last edited:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
launch ordinance in anger
Most VFA guys of my generation that have done cruises to 5th Fleet have dropped ordnance in anger.
Later on, you can run for a seat on the local homeowners association and get an opportunity to cite ordinance in anger.

Hehehe. (I had the shot, there was no danger, so I took it.)

hummerfo

None
Look I won't use the same..."eloquent language" as azguy, but the issue as I see it is that people are drawing misguided conclusions from incomplete/anecdotal understandings of how other communities do things.

Honest question, is VFA not getting Intel support during the mission planning?

So here's the deal. The shore side has the role they have now in "real world" ops because our Navy is not operating in a comms and link degraded environment. As long as we enjoy that luxury, it makes sense for us to do things this way, because the shore side has better access to the full scope of C4I and ISR support offered by our Joint brethren.

Now drawing a conclusion from the current baseline that CRUDES can't do their own mission planning would be as misguided as drawing the conclusion that TACAIR can't pull off a SAG Takedown just because you've never seen them do it.
Right now, Fleet owns it because...presumably they look at Strike Group and the CVW's capabilities and wonder 90% of the time why the fuck they would need a land attack cruise missile against the threats of today. Now if TLAM ever got released to Strike Group...?

As for the "weapons release" bit...that goes into the whole "picking up the phone" ridiculousness that's practically becoming a meme on this thread. The CO is called for a purpose, not for every little thing. Yes, in some cases it is to obtain permission. In others, it's because reporting requirements exist.
To draw an analogy, I assume a Squadron CO/CAG gets clued in and has some input on who is going over the beach to drop JDAMs all over things that need to die? Or wants to know if Force Weapons Posture changes? I mean I don't know the real reason you have a SDO on the boat, but presumably it's for more than to be the guy getting prank called by JOPA.

Look, fundamentally this is Naval Command and Control 101. To the extent you have time/access, the boss wants to be in the loop. When you don't, they trust the subordinates can work with Commander's Intent and other previous higher guidance.
When you are doing a TLAM strike, the boss has time to get in there and watch what's going on. So they will generally write their orders to require their permission to launch.
If you are doing ASCM defense (like we've done real world), they will not. So pretty much no CO ever will require you to call them.

Conflating how one mission area is executed with how another would be demonstrates a pretty poor understanding of the how/why things are the way they are. Which is why he's being called out on it.

Not arguing against how the SWOs do it. I don’t have a dog in that fight. Of course the Air Wing has support personnel that help with a myriad of operations. I was just drawing the conclusion that TLAMs have dedicated planning teams in place. And that’s all that @LFCFan was getting at. Plus, I really don’t like how he called out an intel officer for not being “url” enough...

Last edited: