• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF Announces New Contracted Adversary Units

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
This article came up in my news feed and figured y'all would get a kick out of it. The USAF is buying a whole bunch of adversary hours to the tune of roughly $430 million. If any of you guys have a MiG 21, you might be able to get in on the action as this is just the initial round of contracts.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If any of you guys have a MiG 21
Duuuuude, there is so much better stuff out there these days...

image-placeholder-title.gif

There's the basic MiG-28, the improved MiG-28F, the MiG-28P, MiG-28PF, MiG-28PFM, MiG-28R, the two seat trainer MiG-28U, the ultimate development MiG-28bis, the MiG-28-2000 (remanufactured by the Israelis), the Chengdu-8 (Chinese ripoff)...

(There's also a reddit thread debating what the reporting word for the MiG-28 would have been.)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
(There's also a reddit thread debating what the reporting word for the MiG-28 would have been.)
What amuses me about defense Reddit is that there's a /r/CredibleDefence (LOL), an /r/LessCredibleDefense, and even an /r/WarCollege (SPOILER ALERT . . . graduation from or attendance at a War College not required). Seems to be an awful lot of alleged credibility tiers for what is essentially the equivalent of a bunch of virgins sitting around talking about sex.

And let's call /r/navy for what it is: /r/DisgruntledJuniorEnlistedSailors. If you're above the rank of E-5, you're part of the problem according to their hivemind. Don't get me wrong, being able to read unfiltered opinions from the <E-5 point of view is to some extent a good thing for keeping one's bearings as an officer, but beyond that, ye gads . . .

antonkr

What amuses me about defense Reddit is that there's a /r/CredibleDefence (LOL), an /r/LessCredibleDefense, and even an /r/WarCollege (SPOILER ALERT . . . graduation from or attendance at a War College not required). Seems to be an awful lot of alleged credibility tiers for what is essentially the equivalent of a bunch of virgins sitting around talking about sex.

And let's call /r/navy for what it is: /r/DisgruntledJuniorEnlistedSailors. If you're above the rank of E-5, you're part of the problem according to their hivemind. Don't get me wrong, being able to read unfiltered opinions from the <E-5 point of view is to some extent a good thing for keeping one's bearings as an officer, but beyond that, ye gads . . .

At least noncredibledefence subreddit has sort of funny memes once in a while.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Shouldn’t there be an IncredibleDefense? Kinda like how Infamous means more than famous?