• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF and Joint Training

FlyinRock

Lordy lordy I am in Del Rio LAFB as a brand new sim instructor for the T-6. The USAF speaks a different language and its fun to exchange interservice insults. What a unique experience for me and a great way to close out a 50 year career in aviation. These young AF Lt's are as eager as any ensign/2lt out of IFS but it sure is Air Force! I was told I'll have to change my game face from USMC to something more polite lest I scare shit out of the students.<ggg>
Hell Rio is certainly a unique place to live. I keep hoping to see some young Navy/USMC studs that I can mentor.
Happy New Year to you all
Semper Fi
Rocky

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Glad to see you are still kicking Rocky. I am sure you are loving your new gig.

I would probably be willing to pay a few hundred bucks just to watch one of your sims, I'm sure it's pure entertainment. I will never forget you calling cadence in the pattern. Oh memories!!!

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm hoping to see some of that same difference this coming summer; I'm trying to get orders to Air Command and Staff College with them down in Montgomery. The nice part bout the USAF is that they wear flightsuits Tuesday-Friday. Whey they don't wear them on Monday is beyond me. After enjoying the differences with the Army I'm ready to see what the Air Force is all about.

HuggyU2

None
Rocky,
Tell the "cadence in the pattern" story. Sounds good.
BTW, if you hear when YoYo's Bar is having their grand opening, send me a pm. I'd like to get a T-38 and come down for it.

FlyinRock

BFM or Babe Minette? Don't recognize your sign in .... sorry. I couldn't help it yesterday when we were getting a wing safety brief and the O6 gave us the war talk and killing the enemy and I hollered out "OooooRahhh". I think I am the only Marine on this base!
Its always good to talk to those I got to fly with and see how they are doing. I am genuinely interested and feel like I have a vested interest, especially with those who got their first hours with me.
Semper Fi
Rocky

FlyinRock

PLEASE, please do NOT do that. Cleared hot to scare the shit out of students.
Hacker
One of the old timers here was looking at me intently while I was doing some paperwork and when I looked at him with a quizitive look, he said, "Rocky you have the perfect Marine face to scare shit out of the students". I had to laugh because its just my normal face?
I'll see if it is of interest to post of the happenings as we go along. Would love to eventually get back to either Columbus or Pensacola in the T-6 program so I can spend more time with family in Mobile.
Happy New Year
Semper Fi
Rocky

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I think Dan was in your first class at Babe Minette. Glad to see you're continuing to leave your mark on young studs.

FlyinRock

Rocky,
BTW, if you hear when YoYo's Bar is having their grand opening, send me a pm. I'd like to get a T-38 and come down for it.[/Q
Huggy
I'll check tomorrow and let you know what I find out.
S/F
Rocky

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I'll see if it is of interest to post of the happenings as we go along.

Yes, I'd love to hear stories about stupid student tricks, as well as views/opinions about USAF training/culture through the prism of an old-school Marine.

I'm sure none of those observations will be a surprise, but I'm sure they'd also be funny as hell!

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Rocky,

There is a former Marine (turned USAF) down there named LtCol "Skeet" Lindsey. He can help you figure it all out. He went from being a USMC T-34 IP at NAS Corpus Christi to a USAF T-6 IP. I think he went AGR. He has great stories. Come to think of it he might be up at Randolph now but keep your eye out for him. Great guy.

I may call you when I get back to see how that job is and what you think of Del Rio.

Have fun and take care,
Boyd

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Yes I was a Bay Minetter, and now Mark has ruined my anonymity... ;)

Not much of a story with cadence in the pattern. You wanted me to use the rudders more landing so you proceeded to step on them well yelling "left, right, left, right" and so on...

FlyinRock

Rocky,
BTW, if you hear when YoYo's Bar is having their grand opening, send me a pm. I'd like to get a T-38 and come down for it.
XL is still in remodel (5 months +?) and I'll certainly let you know any updates. I found someone who was familiar with the whole thing and she will keep me in the loop.
Semper Fi
Rocky