• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAA Quickpost ending?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I just dropped off my quickpost deposit at UPS today and the mananger showed me a memo sent out just yesterday saying Financial Technologies, Inc. is ending the quickpost service on Nov 30, 2006. I've been searching all over the net confirming this but coldnt come up with anything. I'll try calling USAA but if it turns out to be true, it'll certainly suck donkeyballs. Can anyone else back me up on this or is the lady just pulling my chain?

Oakley568

DI$BO
That's odd...they just recently changed the format of the quikpost envelopes...and now they are getting rid of the program already? That's a shame...it's really convenient.

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
New USAA service to replace Quickpost

I talked to a representative at USSA Federal Savings Bank for a while last night. She said that Financial Technologies is going out of business, and it was not "cost-effective" for USAA to start doing the services themselves.

She suggested a new alternative "USAA Deposit@home" in which the USAA member scans the front and back of the check and uploads it to the bank website online. She said that the turn-around time is similar to depositing a check at a bank branch ATM.

It sounds very convenient, but I'm kind of worried about the security issues. It seems very easy for someone to "game the system." When I mentioned this to the USAA rep on the phone, she said that they are only offering the service to those members who either hold or are eligible for insurance.

boobcheese

I just tried the USAA Deposit@home feature described above and I doubt if I will step foot into a bank again anytime soon. It was very easy to use and the funds are available immediately.

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
I just tried the USAA Deposit@home feature described above and I doubt if I will step foot into a bank again anytime soon. It was very easy to use and the funds are available immediately.

I guess as the "depositer" I would feel safe about it, but I don't know about it from the check-writer's perspective. Does anyone know of any extra security measures that make this as safe as depositing the check at a conventional bank?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
What about for those poor schmucks who don't have a scanner??

I've been using those QuickPost envelopes and LOVING them... But I use the US Postal Service ones... just so I don't have to drive to UPS.

Is USAA doing away with the USPS version as well?

snizo

Supply Officer
I kept an account with Bank of America just so I could use their ATM's for deposits and the BoA web bill pay (much better than USAA's). Guess I'll get to start using it again.

Scanning checks seems like an odd alternative - do that many people even own scanners? The technology behind it sort of makes sense. When you write a check on board some ships (with the tech for it), the disbursing office can scan it for immediate verification of funds and faster withdrawls (bounced check = pain in the ...)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What about for those poor schmucks who don't have a scanner??

Welcome to the 21st century where multi-purpose printers are becoming the norm. They aren't expensive. Join the future my friend :)

Sabre170

None
I kept an account with Bank of America just so I could use their ATM's for deposits and the BoA web bill pay (much better than USAA's). Guess I'll get to start using it again.

USAA has redesigned their online bill pay format. I did not like the eariler version but the newer one works great for me.

Carno

Insane
I just opened checking and savings accounts with USAA, and they never mentioned anything about QuickPost ending...

DoitK

As far as I am concerned USAA blows all competitors away hands down. The Deposit@Home is the most AWESOME thing I have seen yet. I urge you to go to www.usa.com and check out their advantages at the USAA Federal Savings Bank.