• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Usaa No Longer Offers Fire Insurance Policies In Florida

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I just got off the phone with USAA, and they informed me that they no longer offer fire policies for people in Florida renting out their homes. A Fire Policy is the insurance you downgrade to when you rent out your house. I guess the big wigs at USAA (and all the other insurance companies) are having a little dis agreement with Charlie Christ about insurance prices. A military member may now only carry one homeowners insurance policy in the state of Florida through USAA. It has to cover the memebrs primary residence. So for those of us renting out our properties in Florida who have USAA, we have to look elsewhere for a fire policy. The representative at USAA said when the time comes to rent out my house they would give me a number which locates state approved insurance providers. Then I would have to price shop for the best policy.
Just a heads up for those of you renting out your properties in Florida.