• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US Leans More on Iraqis to Fight Insurgents

Status
Not open for further replies.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Cool article. Looks like things are coming along.

I love the unbiased media though:

marked the changing role of U.S. troops as they shift the burden of fighting insurgents onto under-equipped, barely trained Iraqi troops and police.

What does it take to be properly equipped? They were screaming that OUR troops were under-equipped because not every single vehicle had the up-armor kit the instant it became available...even when the non-armored vehicles were being left in the motorpool and only the up-armored vehicles were being taken out...

I am glad there were no reporters with George Washington...his Army of the Potomac didn't even all have shoes!

KBayDog

Several of the troops in training wore tennis shoes. None had helmets.

Lol...sounds like first-phase Marine recruits!

I'm glad that Capt Katfan stated that the new army is not just about uniforms and guns - it's an entirely new way of running their military. Everybody, from the most senior general on down, is learning the power of delegation, commander's inent, etc. It won't happen overnight. (Even in our military, which does a very good job of this, that kind of thinking takes years to develop.)

It is that kind of "Strategic Corporal" thinking and initiative that will help their army succeed. Once it catches on - and they have confidence that it works - it will spread like wildfire.

p.s. - Glad to see you're in a cheerful mood today, Huey...remember to call your mother!

Status
Not open for further replies.