• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US AIRWAYS Crash in the Hudson River

Would most crews take the same actions as Flight 1549 and be as successful?

• YES.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • NO.

Votes: 27 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
Reporter at the news conference just asked if the plane was brought down/shot down by a terrorist attack...Wow. I think the plane being in one piece kinda rules that out.

jcj

NY mayor quoted as saying the Captain walked through the aircraft twice to be sure everyone else was evacuated before he left

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Cockpit Voice Recorder goes like this:

"WHACK (Unintelligible sounds of feathers fodding engines)"

PIC "What the fuck was THAT?!"

FO "Uhh, that would be geese, sir"

PIC " Canada or Snow?"

FO " Uhh, looks like it was a Canada Goose, sir"

PIC "Shit, I thought so...what airport is that? (pointing)"

FO "I don't know, let me ask control"

Control "That's Teterboro"

FO "It's Teterboro sir"

PIC "Think we can make it?"

FO "Nope"

PIC (over intercom) "Well, uhhh, folks...it looks like we won't be making it to Charlotte today...we, uhhh, are experiencing a little difficulty here, and, ahhh, will be setting her down in, ehhhh, the Hudson...We would like to thank you for flying US Airways, and, uhhh, will be pleased to inform you that you will receive 13.8 frequent flier miles today."

(137 seconds of uncomfortable silence)

"SPLASH!!!!"

PIC "Welcome to New York City, the time is now 3:28, the temperature is a balmy 20 degrees, skies are clear...looks like a great day outside...we'd like to thank you again, we know you have a choice and are grateful that you chose US Airways"

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
I was on a Delta flight out of Denver that hit a bird last summer. Right engine compressor stall and loud bangs and whooping sounds and lots of fire/smoke. Aborted takeoff and stopped on rwy. I was thanking God we hadn't rotated. It scared the piss outta me. I can't immagine what these folks were thinking when they were a few thousand feet up and it happened. Actually, I wonder if they knew what a serious situation they were in.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
That's awesome that they just posted his phone number for the world. It's a good thing no one ever goes to that site....oh, wait.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I can't immagine what these folks were thinking when they were a few thousand feet up and it happened.

I don't like flying commercial, because I know if something goes wrong there is jack crap I can do. I especially hate flying behind the wing... not a comfortable position.