• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CraftyBeech

ProRec Y - SNA
can anyone provide some clarification? The PA 106 says

"URLO ISPP selection panels shall normally select all qualified candidates, giving them priority over other applicants seeking a commission via the URL PROREC process."

Goes on to say that if quotas are limited, which they obviously are, then N-13 will 'normally grant additional quotas'..

Since I've spoken with and seen posts about candidates with promising scores being turned down.. what is going on?? Is it even worth trying to apply this way or just going through the regular OCS process?

Beginning to think this whole program is a Big Navy scheme to show enlisted personnel that they have an 'equal chance' of being selected for SNA.. but the reality seems different.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Since I've spoken with and seen posts about candidates with promising scores being turned down.. what is going on?? Is it even worth trying to apply this way or just going through the regular OCS process?

The candidates who have posted here either did not meet the specific qualifications and had to apply the normal OCS route or applied for a program (like aviation) that had tight or reduced quotas.

Additionally, if you continued your research there are aviation OCS candidates who were selected as far back as fall 2021 still awaiting an OCS spot.

I wouldn’t let other experiences impact yours if your overall goal is to become an officer. Additionally, I would research all facts first before making a ridiculous claim about URLO ISPP.

Last edited:

CraftyBeech

ProRec Y - SNA
Thanks..
yeah it’s crazy some friends of mine commissioned in 2020 and haven’t started primary.. looks like I got a long road ahead lol

I am an at board ISPP applicant and posed your same questions to Mr. Celestin. He said they are likely not granting additional quotas so it is still a quota game, but also said if quotas are available 99.9% of the time ISPP will take precedence. My translation of that is if someone has straight 4s ISPP vs straight 9s off the street the board will likely make that call, but that's just my take. That being said ISPP still gives you an obvious edge so there is no reason not to apply for it if you can, plus that flag letter looks really nice on a package. I tacked mine as the first enclosure just to stand out, but mostly because my admiral hand wrote some nice notes to the board for me.

As far as aviation goes, they are starting to "stash" ensigns. We have a few around NSAHR at CPRG and CNAL who instead of waiting to class up past their EAOS/PRD were sent to OCS and then over here or to another squadron to have a more constructive environment to wait around in than simply NAS Pcola. So I can tell you first hand talking to these guys that it isn't a scheme. Talking to some other senior aviators, word on the streets is they are looking to do more ensign stashing to sailorize junior officers, so especially if you are currently AD you will likely not just be sitting around forever unlike civilian applicants. Hell, one former enlisted ensign DORd from the aviation pipeline to go IntelO so he would class up earlier. They are still stashed here waiting to go to the intel school... he was set to class up aviation in November.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks..
yeah it’s crazy some friends of mine commissioned in 2020 and haven’t started primary.. looks like I got a long road ahead lol
Pretty sure there are people on this site that commissioned during that time that while the process is slow are further along that your friends.

exNavyOffRec

I am an at board ISPP applicant and posed your same questions to Mr. Celestin. He said they are likely not granting additional quotas so it is still a quota game, but also said if quotas are available 99.9% of the time ISPP will take precedence. My translation of that is if someone has straight 4s ISPP vs straight 9s off the street the board will likely make that call, but that's just my take. That being said ISPP still gives you an obvious edge so there is no reason not to apply for it if you can, plus that flag letter looks really nice on a package. I tacked mine as the first enclosure just to stand out, but mostly because my admiral hand wrote some nice notes to the board for me.

As far as aviation goes, they are starting to "stash" ensigns. We have a few around NSAHR at CPRG and CNAL who instead of waiting to class up past their EAOS/PRD were sent to OCS and then over here or to another squadron to have a more constructive environment to wait around in than simply NAS Pcola. So I can tell you first hand talking to these guys that it isn't a scheme. Talking to some other senior aviators, word on the streets is they are looking to do more ensign stashing to sailorize junior officers, so especially if you are currently AD you will likely not just be sitting around forever unlike civilian applicants. Hell, one former enlisted ensign DORd from the aviation pipeline to go IntelO so he would class up earlier. They are still stashed here waiting to go to the intel school... he was set to class up aviation in November.
FYI straight 4's are not qualifying scores for SNA or SNFO. If you replace the 4 with 5 in your comments that would then indeed be what the process should be like.

DOR'ing from aviation to go into another designator could be a crapshoot depending on what is going on at the time, they could end up going home, they try not to do that with prior enlisted but it is still a chance.

FYI straight 4's are not qualifying scores for SNA or SNFO. If you replace the 4 with 5 in your comments that would then indeed be what the process should be like.

DOR'ing from aviation to go into another designator could be a crapshoot depending on what is going on at the time, they could end up going home, they try not to do that with prior enlisted but it is still a chance.

Oops, my b. AQR minimum is 4 and I saw a couple in the spread sheet taking that to board. Either way, study and be competitive. Shoot for at least straight 7s. If there are very few slots you’ll be competing with the other ISPP applicants still.

Apparently they asked who wanted to get a freebeee POCR board to loosen the congestion. But that’s second hand knowledge so don’t quote that as gospel.

Hey Everyone,

I was selected for Pilot this past May 2023 using the ISPP process. I’m writing to update the AD folks regarding ISPP beyond Nov 2023. I recently reached out to the Director Military Personnel Plans and Policy Division, N13, Admiral Waters’ office inquiring about the reinstatement of PA100F. Today the PAO over at CNRC emailed me to confirm that they do plan on continuing ISPP and to keep an eye out for the NAVADMIN prior to expiration.

AD people, take advantage of this good deal if you’re a stellar sailor. You owe it to yourself to have a fulfilled career and you shouldn’t pass up on any opportunity to get that PRO REC Y.

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
Hey Everyone,

I was selected for Pilot this past May 2023 using the ISPP process. I’m writing to update the AD folks regarding ISPP beyond Nov 2023. I recently reached out to the Director Military Personnel Plans and Policy Division, N13, Admiral Waters’ office inquiring about the reinstatement of PA100F. Today the PAO over at CNRC emailed me to confirm that they do plan on continuing ISPP and to keep an eye out for the NAVADMIN prior to expiration.

AD people, take advantage of this good deal if you’re a stellar sailor. You owe it to yourself to have a fulfilled career and you shouldn’t pass up on any opportunity to get that PRO REC Y.

Appreciate the update! Going to submit my second OCS application this September, this time with the endorsement for ISPP, just waiting for the interview to be scheduled.

SailorJerry826

SNFO-ISPP Applicant
Hey Everyone,

Do you know if a NAVADMIN ever dropped? I saw the PAs were updated in November of 2023, but couldn't find an associated NAVADMIN. I know the previous NAVADMIN gave some specific eligibility requirements for application that I don't see in the PA so I'm just wondering if the eligibility stuff in the PA is it or if there is anything more specific out there (i.e. PRT scores).

exNavyOffRec

Do you know if a NAVADMIN ever dropped? I saw the PAs were updated in November of 2023, but couldn't find an associated NAVADMIN. I know the previous NAVADMIN gave some specific eligibility requirements for application that I don't see in the PA so I'm just wondering if the eligibility stuff in the PA is it or if there is anything more specific out there (i.e. PRT scores).
Just follow the PAs and ask Paul for any other questions, NRC normally does put out info via NAVADMIN, in the original case they may have to get widest dissemination to those on AD.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

There hasn’t but the PA has been updated.