• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Upgrade to NFO Wings

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
USMC1775 said:
Here's the deal. Yes I am 41. I have 18 yrs of service. I took a break for a while in my younger days. I will not be flying anymor . The commission is a technical position in the Reserve. As a Reserve officer I can serve until age 62. I asked about the wings because I was told that I could upgrade to NFO wings based on my previous assignments and designations. I was told this by the recuiter (the checks in the mail right). I hope that answered your questions Freakshow. I tried to use small words so your could understand. :) :p

In order to speak to the younger generation, I recommend that you use the "l33t/english translator" it will take your text and convert it to the modern day text.

So, your above text would look like this:

H3r3'z teh d341. Y3z I 4m 41. I h4v3 18 yrz 0f 53rvic3. I 700k 4 br34k ph0r 4 whi13 in my j00ng3r d4yz. I wi11 n07 b3 ph1ying 4nym0r . teh c0mmi55i0n iz 4 73chnic41 p05i7i0n in teh R353rv3. 4z 4 R353rv3 0ffic3r I c4n 53rv3 un7i1 4g3 62. I 45k3d 4b0u7 teh wingz b3c4u53 I w4z 701d 7h47 I c0u1d upgr4d3 70 NF0 wingz b453d 0n my pr3vi0uz 455ignm3n7z 4nd d35ign47i0nz. I w4z 701d 7hiz by teh r3cui73r (teh ch3ckz in teh m4i1 righ7). I h0p3 7h47 4n5w3r3d j00r qu357i0nz Phr34k5h0w. I 7ri3d 70 u53 5m411 w0rdz 50 j00r c0u1d und3r574nd.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
USMC1775 said:
Here's the deal. Yes I am 41. I have 18 yrs of service. I took a break for a while in my younger days. I will not be flying anymor . The commission is a technical position in the Reserve. As a Reserve officer I can serve until age 62. I asked about the wings because I was told that I could upgrade to NFO wings based on my previous assignments and designations. I was told this by the recuiter (the checks in the mail right). I hope that answered your questions Freakshow. I tried to use small words so your could understand. :) :p

I bet you get it. EDIT

Well on second thought maybe not. I just remembered something. When LAMPS MKIII was just standing up with the 60B, the Navy was hurting for experienced aviators. A good number of Army aviators were recruited and offered direct commissions. They reported to the FRS decked out in new LT bars and gold wings. They had the papers in their pockets and NATOPS jackets from BUPERS appointing them true gentlemen and Naval Aviators.

Here's where the sh!t hit the fan, CNATRA got word of it and hit the roof. A number of PERSONAL FOR 's were traded and the story was that CNATRA was all upset becxause only HE was authorized to designate Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers. In a huge battle of the egos, CNATRA insisted that these guys were not fit to wear wings (despite thousand of hours of 60 time, NVG, etc.) and they had to pass Go, not collecting $200 and report to NASC for API and "proper flight training".

Cooler heads prevailed in the end but after a lot of ego chest bumping, the Navy recognized the considerable experience of the former Army bretheren and found a way to push them through VT and HT in 6 months. They still were not permitted to were gold wings until they were presented at the base auditorium at NASWF.

So, long story, but there mnight be some precedent regardless of what the recruiter told you. Still persue vigorously.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
I bet you get it. EDIT

So, long story, but there mnight be some precedent regardless of what the recruiter told you. Still persue vigorously.
For the love of God! As usual, your ability to disregard and misinterpret the facts continues to amaze me. There is a huge difference between experienced Army aviators getting wings in a similar T/M/S, and an enlisted panel nav fleeting up in a non-flying designator getting wings. Apples and kumquats! There is no precedent, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USMC1775 said:
Damn.....did I open a can of worms with a simple question.
No worries, bro. Chuck has a long and sordid history of going out of his way to be wrong. I consider it my moral and professional duty to marginalize him and his delusions as required. :D

@Chuck: No hate mongering here, just truth mongering. Try it once in a while - you might like it.

Brett

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Brett327 said:
No worries, bro. Chuck has a long and sordid history of going out of his way to be wrong. I consider it my moral and professional duty to marginalize him and his delusions as required. :D

@Chuck: No hate mongering here, just truth mongering. Try it once in a while - you might like it.

Brett

Truth is relative my friend not an absolute.. :)

USMC1775

And they say NFO's can't take a joke......after all you should fly with some of the pilots I know. Chuck, that's what's known as humor....you being a pilot and all I figured I 'd explain that to you. :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
USMC1775 said:
....you being a pilot and all I figured I 'd explain that to you. :)

Two words: "Helo Pilot" -- not the sharpest knives in the drawer.