• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updating Page 4 with prior service

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
I'm a recent commissioned officer, in process of getting uniforms.

I left active duty immediately after a deployment so my page 4's and my DD214 are not fully accurate in regard to Unit ribbons and medals. I know what I received as far as personal awards.

For example, the campaign medal was not even created before I was discharged.

Is there a way to get this updated? Is there a site or gov office I can go to or contact to find out what I need to have added? Or can I contact the command that I was attached to?

I would like to get my ribbons squared away.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would try and start with the service you were previously in to get a DD215 (Correction to DD Form 214), here is the Army's page for requesting one:

https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/Correction to Veterans Military Records

One thing you can do now is start gathering up all the documentation you have to back up your claims for awards/ribbons. I would start with the Archives (Link, and this one too: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/manage/documents) if you don't have all your records but I suppose a call to your old command wouldn't hurt to see if they have anything. For example, it would be a lot easier if you have your service record with orders Afghanistan and a GWOT Expeditionary Medal citation to get a Afghanistan Campaign Medal on your DD215.

I can also ask the NOSC admin folks too to see if they know anything since this isn't all that unusual for reservists, I think we drill out of the same one.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I need to contact the NOSC since I have not heard from them yet. I just got in the DEERS/Milconnect system last week and went and had an ID made yesterday.

I played with https://awards.navy.mil/awards/webbas01.nsf/(vwWebPage)/home.htm?OpenDocument

It does not look accurate at all.

The Navy, in its infinite wisdom, has at least two or three places where our awards are recorded and they never seem to match. I would get the DD215 done and get that in your OMPF, the best place to get it right initially.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What kind of awards are we talking about? The documentation for my various ribbons were AFU when I got commissioned. I have the citations for all my personal awards, but for everything else, I wear what I rate. Nobody cares and nobody will even think to ask you about it. I wouldn't sweat it.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Roger that Brett!
I'm talking about unit stuff, I know my personal awards. Im talking NUC, MUC type ribbons.
I did not sweat it 15 years ago when I was in, but I thought maybe since I'm a grown up now I would square it away. There are only about 5 that my memory "thinks "my unit received. I have my old ribbon bars with those on it.

I contacted the PAO from my old ship and will attempt to get a list

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Roger that Brett!
I'm talking about unit stuff, I know my personal awards. Im talking NUC, MUC type ribbons.
I did not sweat it 15 years ago when I was in, but I thought maybe since I'm a grown up now I would square it away. There are only about 5 that my memory "thinks "my unit received. I have my old ribbon bars with those on it.

I contacted the PAO from my old ship and will attempt to get a list

The ship ought to have a record of those awards and as long as you have orders showing you were attached during that time you are good. It gets a little more complicated when you ship or unit goes away...

Pags

N/A
pilot
None of my Battle Es show up when I search for those units in NDAAWS. The only proof Id ever have for them would be if I could find the message announcing the winners.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

So I went to the exchange and took a close look at the ribbons and medals for the first time in 16 years. That old small parts bin that contained the ribbons and stars, well now each are in their own package along with a 1$-2$ price for each ribbon. Well I guess beer was cheaper in the 90's also!

Keep in mind I was looking at them while forking over 130 bucks for a single set of NWU's. Its no wonder uniforms have anti theft devices on them

gaj29

So I went to the exchange and took a close look at the ribbons and medals for the first time in 16 years. That old small parts bin that contained the ribbons and stars, well now each are in their own package along with a 1$-2$ price for each ribbon. Well I guess beer was cheaper in the 90's also!

Keep in mind I was looking at them while forking over 130 bucks for a single set of NWU's. Its no wonder uniforms have anti theft devices on them
The uniform prices are just out of control... 1 set of NWUs PLUS the boots put the price tag at well over $250. It just ain't right.