• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

KBayDog

Mostly asphalt as I've been told. I switched from my Free Runs to Lunar glides for this reason myself.

Gnarley.

21z78RXaczL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
For Navy OCS, you expect to run on asphalt, concrete and it the DI's are generous the track.

If you go to USMC OCS, you apparently have to run on top of liquid hot magma....
images

yakboyslim

None
Expect to run on asphalt or inside on tile. Just avoid getting lime green or hot pink shoes, but besides that no one expects you to have grey running shoes.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd avoid Vibram Five Fingers unless you want some undue attention....just sayin'

-ea6bflyr ;)

sunowl

SNFO
I know the DI will always find something about you to use against you, but I'll be sure not to bring hot pink collector's edition nike dunks...

Those shoes seem really great Lindy, I like the sound of Vibram soles without the silly toe business. I might look into them! (because my current running shoes are....very neon all over the place)

Lindy

There is definitely more of a heel cant than I'd like, but oh well. A career as a Naval Officer beats the hellfire of wearing VFF's at Newport. I can just hear it, "LINDEMAN!, were you born to a fish? What the hell is on your feet?!"