• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Hairspray is used to keep folded clothes crisp and in place for RLP when you have to fold a Hanes T-shirt into an exactly 6"x6" square and have it stay like that when the DI plops it on your rack.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Hairspray is used to keep folded clothes crisp and in place for RLP when you have to fold a Hanes T-shirt into an exactly 6"x6" square and have it stay like that when the DI plops it on your rack.
And also for your ball-fro.

jleex88

Supply Corps
my friend offered to give me his Bates 9 boots he doesn't use (he's a police officer)...would i be able to take these to ocs to use? im assuming that black is ok

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
No. You'll get boots just like everyone else from the uniform shop.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Don't waste your money on the boots; but do buy boot socks. Thorlo makes some pretty awesome socks. Pair those with some white athletic socks and you'll never have to worry about blisters.

yakboyslim

None
Or Fox river socks.

Seriously you are WAY over thinking things. If you have prior issues with blisters that is understandable. I think I lost half of my heel from one day when we ran through some wet in tennis shoes and didn't get a chance to change for a whole day.

Here's the deal though, they will give you the boots you need, they will give you a chance to buy insoles (or bring custom ones) and you will alternate boots and tennis shoes for a week or so. Also you don't do any "real" running in boots, a few miserable laps around the gym but nothing measured in miles.

If all of that fails and you still get blisters, you go to medical. They will give you fancy creams, mole skin and a chit to wear tennis shoes until your feet get better.

Trust me, I know what you are trying to do, control what you can before you go, but believe me OCS is awful in some pretty creative ways. You can't prepare for it like this. Either that, or you have some jacked up feet and you'll just be spending some time at medical getting it sorted.

croakerfish

pilot
I just graduated and I don't think this is too crazy. My feet were pretty swollen on the day we went to the uniform shop and my boots ended up being a little too big. At least knowing what size to get in advance would be helpful.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Also you don't do any "real" running in boots, a few miserable laps around the gym but nothing measured in miles.

This depends on how jacked up you are. We had a certain individual in our class who definitely logged upwards of 2 miles (40 laps) inside the gym during drill practice. But he was exceptional :D

USN1855

I have a quick question about running shoes at OCS.

What are the rules/recommendation about color on shoes? I am trying to get all black/gray shoes...but having trouble finding a pair that fits right that doesnt have some kind of accent color. I mean would any of these not be allowed or get DI attention? Navy blue or yellow maybe.
mens_asics_21600!.jpg
mens-mizuno-wave-ascend-6-anthracite-spector-yellow.jpg

THANK YOU!!!

acwildcat

pilot
Find something that is going to be comfortable and that you are able to run in/stand in for hours on end. I wouldn't worry too much about color. You're going to be given plenty of attention no matter what your shoes look like.

Aquonox

Just rolling along
None
I've been using Brooks Adrenaline GTS running shoes for years now. They are a great pair of shoes. It's common for these shoes to be white with some sort of red or blue in it.

What kind of surfaces are we going to be running on? I would imagine just about everything from from asphalt, to dirt, and even a cinder or rubber track. There's probably no perfect shoe...

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
What kind of surfaces are we going to be running on? I would imagine just about everything from from asphalt, to dirt, and even a cinder or rubber track. There's probably no perfect shoe...
Mostly asphalt as I've been told. I switched from my Free Runs to Lunar glides for this reason myself.