• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Regarding boot socks, do they have to be black? I've got a bunch of nice ones from the Army, but they're green. Apparently boot socks are expensive (like $10+ a pair), and I'd like to buy as few as possible.

jtmedli

pilot
Regarding boot socks, do they have to be black? I've got a bunch of nice ones from the Army, but they're green. Apparently boot socks are expensive (like $10+ a pair), and I'd like to buy as few as possible.

Get black ones. Fox river or Thorlo as previously mentioned. They may never be checked but you dont want to be "that guy" who gets the whole company RPT'd for having the wrong color socks on like an idiot.

gsd1862

Since everything is issued now, what would you all recommended that we bring? do we have to use the issued stuff or can we use our own razors and toothbrushes and stuff from day one on? also what would you recommend setting to the side for rlp, thanks for the advise

Fre@kshow!!

Yes, I really was in the circus.
None
I used an electric razor my entire time at OCS. You're ALWAYS going to be in a mad fucking rush in the head with 40 other dudes fighting for the mirror. Bleeding on your uniform SUCKS, and at some point, you'll be careless and slice your chin or your ear or something. Take an electric. If electrics bother your face, do some homework and get the right one... chances are if you've used an electric before and didn't like it, it's because you cheaped out or bought one that just doesn't like your face. I use a Mach3 now, but on the road or anywhere I absolutely can't afford to fuck up and nick myself, I use an electric. WHENEVER I have to wear my whites, I use an electric. It sits on the counter right next to my Mach3 in the on-deck circle... use it about once a month. NO, I'm not clumsy, but why take the chance. You will be required to be clean-shaven all day long... so if you're a 5 o'clock shadow (ie, 1700 shadow) kind of guy, finding time to hit the head and shave again is going to be tough... 15 seconds with an electric and you're good to go.

ALSO, I don't know how cel-phone rules are nowadays at OCS, but be damned sure that wherever you're going to store it, either in your car or seabag or wherever, that you remove the battery. I'd buy an extra battery and have it charged up just in case... no telling when you're gonna get a free 10 minutes or whatever and as luck would have it, your shit drained sitting in your bag.

jtmedli

pilot
Since everything is issued now, what would you all recommended that we bring? do we have to use the issued stuff or can we use our own razors and toothbrushes and stuff from day one on? also what would you recommend setting to the side for rlp, thanks for the advise

Did you not read my previous post? READ IT. Bring all of your own stuff...deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, all that crap. Everything is NOT issued and what they do issue you either sucks or is only enough to last about a week.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I used an electric razor my entire time at OCS. You're ALWAYS going to be in a mad fucking rush in the head with 40 other dudes fighting for the mirror. Bleeding on your uniform SUCKS, and at some point, you'll be careless and slice your chin or your ear or something. Take an electric. If electrics bother your face, do some homework and get the right one... chances are if you've used an electric before and didn't like it, it's because you cheaped out or bought one that just doesn't like your face. I use a Mach3 now, but on the road or anywhere I absolutely can't afford to fuck up and nick myself, I use an electric. WHENEVER I have to wear my whites, I use an electric. It sits on the counter right next to my Mach3 in the on-deck circle... use it about once a month. NO, I'm not clumsy, but why take the chance. You will be required to be clean-shaven all day long... so if you're a 5 o'clock shadow (ie, 1700 shadow) kind of guy, finding time to hit the head and shave again is going to be tough... 15 seconds with an electric and you're good to go......

Sir, was the electric razor thing typically over looked while you were at OCS? I agree with being careful in whites and using it for a quick 20 second clean up, but from what I've heard and read its strictly shaving by hand. I'd love to bring an electric!

From OCS website:
Personal Toiletries

_ Basic Items Only (Full size, not travel size)
_ Shaving gear (no electric shavers) with blade replacements (6 weeks worth)
_ Toothbrush/paste and floss
_ Deodorant
_ Soap/Shampoo
_ Nail Clippers
-Sunscreen

beaverslayer

pilot
Sir, was the electric razor thing typically over looked while you were at OCS? I agree with being careful in whites and using it for a quick 20 second clean up, but from what I've heard and read its strictly shaving by hand. I'd love to bring an electric!

From OCS website:
Personal Toiletries

_ Basic Items Only (Full size, not travel size)
_ Shaving gear (no electric shavers) with blade replacements (6 weeks worth)
_ Toothbrush/paste and floss
_ Deodorant
_ Soap/Shampoo
_ Nail Clippers
-Sunscreen

It all depends on how sneaky you are. If you don't draw attention to it it won't be a problem...as long as your DI isn't in the habit of making your class "shave by the numbers." And oh what fun that can be.

jtmedli

pilot
what's the deal with tighty-whites? can I wear whatever I want, or do I actually need tighty-whites?

Tighty whitey's are all that is allowed. Dont be the guy that gets the whole class beat for piss poor reading skills (read: showing up to PT with boxers or boxer briefs on). And before you ask...Yes, it happened to my class.

markkyle66

I showed up to OCS perfectly on time with everything good to go, minus my luggage. Delta had a mix-up in ATL so all I had was my little carry on. (Stuffed with phone/charger, toiletries, and extra PT gear) Sucked to go in at a disadvantage, but alot of the crap they issue you will get you through your time there. You replace a good bit of it anyways to have it RLP ready. Anyways, having extra PT gear and socks was VERY handy. Especially the first few weeks. You find a way to get by up there!

gsd1862

I know there is a size requirement for deodorant, is there a specific size of bodywash or shampoo that we are allowed to bring, and do we use this during indoc weeks, i just want to know what i should bring now or get later, im trying to travel light