• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Thanks for the advice :icon_wink. I suppose you're right, it's allowed at Marine OCS but then again they spend nights out in the cold, in the dirt and mud. At Navy OCS I'm assuming most times we're outside it's either for drill or PT and in both cases the cold weather uniforms will be enough. Thanks again.

Lawman

None
Thanks for the advice :icon_wink. I suppose you're right, it's allowed at Marine OCS but then again they spend nights out in the cold, in the dirt and mud. At Navy OCS I'm assuming most times we're outside it's either for drill or PT and in both cases the cold weather uniforms will be enough. Thanks again.

Its also an issue item now. Its not technically underarmor its called a "tactical T-shirt" but same basic material. I wore the stuff on long humps to keep the chafe down, other then that it wasnt needed.

utak

HooverPilot hit it right on.....I did not do OCS but when the person training a group is looking to pick on someone, they pick on the person who is different. And remember to never miss an oppurtunity to shut the #$%$ up.

I can only imagine seeing a dude in formation in Newport with UnderArmor on, and having Gunny C sing/yell/shout "One of these things is not like the other!" and then proceed to slay the entire class :tongue2_1

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I can only imagine seeing a dude in formation in Newport with UnderArmor on, and having Gunny C sing/yell/shout "One of these things is not like the other!" and then proceed to slay the entire class :tongue2_1

Causing the whole class pain on account of your actions (or your inability to march properly for the first three weeks) is a damn good way to NOT make friends.

Don't be "That Guy".

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I used to wear the under armour under my flight suit because it felt so much better than cotton. that is until somebody told me that in the event of a fire, it would stick to your skin, which I just hadn't thought about. Point is, even though you're asking about OCS...don't wear it when you go flying.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Roger that, ixnay on the under armour. So is there anything else I should ask for for xmas that I should take to OCS? My family is excited and eager to help out. Or should I just tell them to help me out with some uniform costs at the end?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I used to wear the under armour under my flight suit because it felt so much better than cotton. that is until somebody told me that in the event of a fire, it would stick to your skin, which I just hadn't thought about. Point is, even though you're asking about OCS...don't wear it when you go flying.

They now have flame retarded shirts for an arm and a leg a piece.

But yeah, I feel for the OP. I too got on the Under armor band wagon and bought some of the Mock long sleeve shirts for winter. They feel and look great on me, but are staying home for OCS.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...

Under Armour is starting to come out with some flame-retardant materials:

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/men...tGear-Fire-Retardant-Longsleeve-T/1005445-465

I'm almost positive a few other companies have Under Armour-like apparel that's flame-retardant or better as well.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
If you can cover it up, I don't see why you couldn't wear it at OCS. Don't be stupid and just wear the underarmour by itself because you'd be making yourself an obvious target wearing a skin tight shirt, but under a PT swearshirt or something I wouldn't think you'd be able to tell unless they inspect your undergarments...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you can cover it up, I don't see why you couldn't wear it at OCS. Don't be stupid and just wear the underarmour by itself because you'd be making yourself an obvious target wearing a skin tight shirt, but under a PT swearshirt or something I wouldn't think you'd be able to tell unless they inspect your undergarments...
Once again someone that has never been there is chiming in on how it is.......Sometimes you just need to STFU.

-1 on the rep for being dumb.

BackOrdered

Contributor

Why even put yourself under that sort of stress during RLP? Under Armor is nice stuff, but it doesn't seem worth getting busted and receiving "special attention" for being an "individual".