• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Won't need to with the new PT gear

You have obviously never worn the new Navy PT gear. It sucks for running. Chafes and does not breath. Absolutely miserable. So bad that my command authorizes alternate shirts (most wear Underarmor types) for our 4 mile run days (we do that off base to it is legal).

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Do people seriously have nipple issues?

Body Glide or some other brand of the same thing is great but make sure that you really scrub the area clean afterwards. It will cake on and cause you other sorts of problems. Good hygeine is essential when spending long amounts of time under shitty conditions. Diseases and infections can run wild. So remember when you're caking all that stuff on to make sure it all gets off.

With a lot of cleaning, it can help save blisters. I used to get bad ones at OCS. Tape the blister up, and cover the outside of the tape with body glide. It will keep your sock or boot from "grabbing" onto the tape and rubbing it up and down over your blister.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You have obviously never worn the new Navy PT gear. It sucks for running. Chafes and does not breath. Absolutely miserable. So bad that my command authorizes alternate shirts (most wear Underarmor types) for our 4 mile run days (we do that off base to it is legal)
I have worn the new PT gear multiple times -- once for a 5k in 90 degree weather to test it out, and twice for PFAs. I actually find the shirt quite comfortable -- much better than the old one. Very light and keeps you cool. The recurring issue I hear with it is that females don't like the fact that it's see-through with sweat (something I personally didn't find to be true, but maybe I don't sweat as much on my chest); no one I know has complained of chafing until you did.

The biggest gripe I hear about the new PT gear is the nut-hugging shorts.

Do people seriously have nipple issues?
People got nipple issues at OCS because candidates have to wear the PT shirt inside out until they "secure," which is in week 7 or so. That huge rubber-ish US Navy reflective symbol on the front doesn't feel very nice.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
People got nipple issues at OCS because candidates have to wear the PT shirt inside out until they "secure," which is in week 7 or so. That huge rubber-ish US Navy reflective symbol on the front doesn't feel very nice.

Ouch. I had not heard that until you mentioned it. Duly noted.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
...People got nipple issues at OCS because candidates have to wear the PT shirt inside out until they "secure," which is in week 7 or so. That huge rubber-ish US Navy reflective symbol on the front doesn't feel very nice.

Gotcha. Thanks

BackOrdered

Contributor

*Sigh* Chest covered in blood as we were PT'd all to hell by C**** the Destroyer worst than any other class on deck. Our Class Officer (a new guy) staring in horror, asking Gunny if we were ok. Good times. :D

RussBow6

two of my best buds are making their way through bud/s (no pun) right now and they live on vasoline for the chaffers. every med check they have literally tubs of vasoline and they take handfuls and rub themselves down ha... and glue (not elmers... they make like bonding glue for skin to seal up cuts and stuff) to cover up blisters and nipples.
i know thats SEALs but for ocs maybe just do the compression shorts and leave the other stuff at home. i'm hairy and have baseball players' legs so i live on compression shorts.

Black06Sti

The last time I was at the Newport NEX they have official Navy UnderArmour gear for sale. Keep in mind I'm just a civilian (dad is Navy), but I would assume that you do not have the rights to wear anything that says Navy, especially in the beginning especially if they did not issue it.

Lawman

None
The last time I was at the Newport NEX they have official Navy UnderArmour gear for sale. Keep in mind I'm just a civilian (dad is Navy), but I would assume that you do not have the rights to wear anything that says Navy, especially in the beginning especially if they did not issue it.

Negative.

I dont think there are many schools in any service that allow you to do anything that seems logical. Army is the same way, till your actually through Basic/WOCS/OCS your not authorized to wear the Underarmor. Sure you can probably quote a reg allowing it but at the same time you are setting yourself up to be "that one guy" for all your friends to tell their familys about during family day over dinner.

Black06Sti

that is all i used when i was there

yes you'll have a place to charge it

Does this mean I can bring my Braun series 7, and bring some cleaning cartridges so I don't get Folliculitis :D I'm going to search for this in an Air Force Forum, and if I can't in the Air Force, than it's Navy for me :icon_tong